Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input locale

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
stefanita.manea
551 Views, 7 Replies

Input locale

Hi,

I just moved my license form a computer to another and I'm not able to insert any of the locale characters (Romanian). I added the Romanian keyboard to the system and I used a font which has correct characters (is tested on another machine). I can see all the character in Text Node/Keyboard but i cannot insert them from keyboard nor copy/paste them from another application.

Thank you

Steff

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi Stef.

You need to select the "Romanian - standard" keyboard in Mac OS's Input preferences. You also need a font that supports Latin - Extended characters. The Arial fonts seem to support those.

I've tested this in Smoke 2013x1 using the "Arial Narrow" TTF font and got this:

Screen Shot 2014-01-07 at 2.20.42 PM.png

regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 3 of 8

Thank you Robert,
Unfortunately is not working.
I have tried with both Romanian keyboards, no result.
It simply doesn't move the cursor, like you never pushed a key. It inserts any other character but none if you press Romanian ones.
I have a Macbook Pro Late 2013, maverick 10.9.1. I have tested on 2013 and 2014.
On my old 8 core 2008 it works (same OS)?
Any other idea? Any log file to check?
Message 4 of 8

That's strange. Have you tried the same font I tried? Arial Narrow?

I've just tried under OS 10.9.1 and it worked in there as well. (see screenshot below).

I don't think the actual computer model or year matters. This sounds like an OS config issue. 

Try creating a new Smoke user. Also, open the Terminal, type the following command and post the output:

locale

Regards,

Robert.

Screen Shot 2014-01-07 at 2.53.31 PM.png

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 5 of 8

SOLVED!

But it is a tricky and annoying way…
Only after I set Romanian as my primary language I got Romanian characters in Smoke.
Unfortunatelly everything is in Romanian and I’m lost in my own computer 😉 And I have to restart, each time.
So I have to change back and return to Romanian each time I need to do subtitles… which is almost daily… that’s too much pain 😉
Please ask your brilliant programers to do something to relief me 😉
Thank you
Steff
Message 6 of 8

Hi Steff.

You should not need to change your entire system language to Romanian to get it to work. There's something going on on your Mac. 

All the tests I've done the other day did not require me to change the system language. It's still English.

Can you please post the output of the following command in the Terminal:

locale

Thanks!

Robert

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 7 of 8

This is the working way (primary set to RO):

LANG="ro_RO.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="ro_RO.UTF-8"
LC_CTYPE="ro_RO.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="ro_RO.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="ro_RO.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="ro_RO.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="ro_RO.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=
Message 8 of 8

Thanks. Can you please switch the system language back to English-US and run the "locale" command again?

Thanks,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report