Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to handle handles

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
montenegro_nyc
441 Views, 1 Reply

how to handle handles

Is there a smooth way to export individual clips from a conformed timeline with handles so that external effects/3D work can be done and then easily re-incorporate that new material back into the timeline?

For example, I have a shot I'd like to stabilize and timewarp via connectFX, and then export it to a dpx sequence with 8 frame handles so the 3D guys can do their effects on it, then bring it back into my timeline so that everything lines up. I used to do this with 'swap shot' on a Flame which kept my handles, but there doesn't seem to be anything similar in Smoke. 

I tried using consolidate handles but it's very weird, giving some clips the correct number of handles, some clips way too many handles, and eliminating all the handles entirely on other clips.

Smoke 2013 EXT1
iMac i7 3.4Ghz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB
32GB RAM
MAC OS X 10.8.3
Promise R6
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
imanjp
in reply to: montenegro_nyc

It's weird that Smoke doesn't perfome this task nicely. But what I do is to stablize my shot, for instance, with handles. Drag it into Media then. Drag back onto the sequences names on timeline. Automativally it creates a sequence contains the shot. Then you will be able to export it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report