Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create depth of field on moving subjects. PLEASE HELP!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Finalcutprorory
416 Views, 2 Replies

how to create depth of field on moving subjects. PLEASE HELP!

Hi all, so I'm new to Smoke and Flame etc.

I essentially have one thing I'd like to do. That is:

Create depth of field on moving images to simulate a much more expensive camera with good depth of field.

Can somebody please tell me which program (Smoke, or Flame, or something else?) would be best for this?

Also, I see the Smoke 2015 version will have a 3d motion tracker. Is this the answer to what I'm trying to do?

Please help. I've tried basic programs and plugins for FCPX, and I know there are some ways to do this in AE, but it seems like the tracking can be quite limited and very time intensive and manually done.

I'm interested in a basic and very dependable way to track moving objects and blur the background to create a fake depth of field.

WHICH PROGRAM AND BASICALLY HOW TO DO IT OR WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR WOULD BE SO APPRECIATED!

THANKS SO MUCH!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

As far as I know, what you are talking about is only possible with quite a bit of roto work.  Similar to turning 2D into 3D.

The only softare I know of that is using 3D tracking data to manipulate a scene automatically is Mocha, but what they are doing is extrapolating BG information to remove objects.  Not create the Z-Depth information you would need for a depth of field blur.

Smoke, Flame, Adobe & Nuke can all do the roto and the DOF blurring, but I don't think that's the answer you were looking for.

Message 3 of 3
A_Over_B
in reply to: CB_Vancity

pftrack & flame.

track

derive depth

export depth image sequence

combine

comp

cleanup

not a one-pass, push button solution.

or outsource everything

or get a better camera/lens/dp/budget

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report