Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long it takes to close Flame?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
IgorRidanovic
428 Views, 4 Replies

How long it takes to close Flame?

I have a very light 90 minute feature film split in reels. No effects other than quite a few repos.

It takes upwards of ten minutes to close Flame in an orderly fashion. I am not quite sure what's going on under the hood while it's shutting down, but top indicates about 100% CPU activity.

Is this normal for long form projects?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: IgorRidanovic

The NSA are checking your repos and it's taking so long because they have to write down everything they find with pencil & paper, commit it to human memory then burn the notes.

What kind of flame?

How much media?

Is the media cached?

How many libraries?

Is batch open?

Have you swapped networks?

I have a 86-minute timeline on this macbook and sometimes it's an instantaneous quit and sometimes not.

To be honest, when I quit for the day, I'm not paying much attention to the quitting process so I've never timed it...

Message 3 of 5
ManChicken

I've noticed, unscientifically, that it seems like the longer I spend working in a complex project, the longer it takes to quit.  But that's maybe on the outside a max of 15-20 seconds so I've never paid it any mind.

Does it hang at any particular point in the exit sequence ('Uninitialising XXX')?

Bob Maple | idolum
Message 4 of 5
IgorRidanovic
in reply to: ManChicken

Flame 2015, no media is cached yet. It's 90% linked R3D files and some random Quicktimes. I haven't observed if it hangs at a specific point.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Publish to DPX on a faster volume?

Perhaps some proxy thumbnail is being generated from some R3D file that spans different volumes or maybe an unresponsive volume is causing a slowdown.

Or you have many many versions of things in many many libraries?

Z800?

Z820?

Stones?

Old graphics card?

R3D and/or QuickTimes being transcoded through a mac gateway?

Something else?

I mean it's pretty wide open - could be anything...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report