Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heads up: Another Odd map extraction bug.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
A.Baroody
218 Views, 1 Reply

Heads up: Another Odd map extraction bug.

I ran into another odd map extraction bug.

I sculpt some corrections to a characters eye lids to improve their shape. I did this on layers on a model that already had layers. When I was satisfied, I flattened the entire model.

I went to extract the displacement map, using the subdivision mode. I have extracted the maps many times before from the same model before I had re-sculpt the eye lids and flattened it. So it has extracted fine before.

However this time, i could not extract a map that wasnt screwed up in the areas I had re-sculpt.

I tried extracting it with every variation of options just in case i made a mistake. I could not get it to extract without creating a map that destroyed the eye area when applied.

My LAST effort to figure this out, was to save out the L4 high res mesh, and import it as a layer on my base mesh in a new scene.

And guess what. The extraction problems all went away.

I dont know what technically happens behinds the scenes that could cause that, but there is something with the extractor that has at times cause odd model corruptions when extracting. I've written about another problem with the extract in a previous thread, but this one is a new thing and I guess somewhat related.

Hopefully this may help someone.

*BTW the base object, was the L1 of the object that would not extract right. I exported L1 and L4, then imported L4 onto L1 as a new layer. Doing that allowed me to extract the map properly
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RobinBall6995
in reply to: A.Baroody

Have you reported that as a bug? It sounds like one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report