Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GUI & Broadcast Sync

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1099 Views, 8 Replies

GUI & Broadcast Sync

Hi There,

Having a sync issue that I cant get my head around. 

The GUI and broadcast monitors in all 3 of our Smokes (Mac) are out of sync by 2 frames.

I know there is a Audio offset, but that will always throw one of the monitors out. 

Is there a playback delay or offset that can be used to sync bother the UI monitor and the Broadcast Monitor?

Currently having to use the shortcut Shift+B+F13 to switch between Sync to Hi-Res and Sync to Broadcast depending on the situation.

Regards,

SJ

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
BKM
Advisor
in reply to: Anonymous

I think that's the best there is. 

Flame/Smoke Editor
Check out the Premiumbeat Smoke Blog
http://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/category/smoke-2/
Message 3 of 9
julioleon
in reply to: BKM

And the issue is greater when using an AJA. At home I am using a Smoke without one and both monitors are almost in sync. Just connect both to the nVidia.
Smoke 2015 SP3
Mac Pro 6 cores
OS X 10.10
32 GB RAM
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

I have this case and will escalate it with Autodesk, but I have a feeling its a limitation of the mac hardware / OS but dont quote me 😉
Message 5 of 9
BKM
Advisor

It's no difference on Linux that I am aware of.

Flame/Smoke Editor
Check out the Premiumbeat Smoke Blog
http://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/category/smoke-2/
Message 6 of 9
Robert.Adam

Hi all.

Indeed, this is a known limitation.

An improvement request has been logged by one of my colleagues to address this issue.

Regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Robert.Adam

I'm just wondering if this functionality was added at some point since this post. (Essentially delaying the UI monitor video to match the audio delay introduced so that an external broadcast monitor is in sync, so that everything is in sync. Or alternately, allowing a variable delay for the UI monitor video... but i imagine if it's delayed the same amount as the audio, it would be in sync by default. So maybe a buton that locks UI video delay to audio delay, but when it's disabled, it's a separately variable delay.) 

I've looked through the preferences, but i don't see anything like that.

Thanks!
Scott

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

I was getting a 4 frame audio delay with Smoke 2015 using AJA Kona 3 via Sonnet PCI to Thunderbolt.  With BMD Decklink, no delay at all.  I found it strange that the BMD didn't have any delay but AJA did and only with Smoke.  No other app on this computer has a delay.  I've since switched to BMD Ultrastudio 4K Thunderbolt i/o and again, no delay whatsoever.

Message 9 of 9
Boutchie

Where are the SGI days with the Vbob perfectly is sync. Little joke, but 2 frames ain't bad at all

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report