Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GMask becomes large

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
daveboampong
416 Views, 4 Replies

GMask becomes large

I ingested some 4k material and created proxies. I used GMasks in the Modular Keyer in Timeline Action to remove some unwanted objects. After exiting the Modular Keyer and coming back to it some time later I could not find the masks at first. Then I realized they had become larger than the  objects I was removing. Much larger. This has happend twice. Is this a bug?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Grant.Kay
in reply to: daveboampong

There has been reported incidences of users masking on proxies and when you scale up to flu resolution, the masks scale unproportionately.

This is not always repeatable.

As a workaround, add another axis above the existing Gmasks and scale it down to match using the percentage difference between the full res and proxies.

For example, using half res proxies to Full res would mean that you scale your masks by 50% and than should match up.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Grant

Grant Kay
Principal Learning Content Developer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Official Autodesk Flame Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/flamehowtos

The Official Autodesk Smoke Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos

Also available as podcasts on iTunes

Follow me on twitter @discreetuk for the latest training updates.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 5
daveboampong
in reply to: Grant.Kay

Thanks. That worked.

Message 4 of 5
A_Over_B
in reply to: daveboampong

There is a preference modification that you can enable/disable to handle the automatic scaling of setups.
$0.02 get used to working with that preference either on or off as modifying part way through a session can be frustrating and time consuming
Message 5 of 5
daveboampong
in reply to: A_Over_B

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report