Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GLOBAL warming

47 REPLIES 47
Message 1 of 48
Anonymous
918 Views, 47 Replies

GLOBAL warming

Well this is general discussion and i want to know what you guys feel.
It may be funny for some people to read this thread or to see it here, but i'm feeling the effects of global warming and its not funny, 49 degrees in shade. I realised that art has always been the reason the world changes( formally at least). Look at how movies influence the way we live and how we act.

How do you guys feel?
I've been trying to do a character for some time now and for 3 or 4 days i cant concentrate because of the heat.
47 REPLIES 47
Message 41 of 48
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

very interesting topic. I have read many interesting things on this subject and also on the constant research undertaken to create new forms of clean energy. www.steorn.net/ are one of many companys working towards this. My opinion is one that global warming would occur with or without us and that we have simply sped things up. Although I certainly aggree with the fact that we should be doing our best to make the planet a far cleaner and healthier one. It is certainly gonna make for interesting viewing over the next few years to see the directions that mankind will take.
Message 42 of 48

Come on oddity, you're too smart to use this argument. A lot of it comes down to business and luck. Windows is arguably the inferior to linux, osx, os/2, beos, and freebsd, so why is it in 90% of all the computers in the world. Because of some very smart manuevering from Bill Gates.
The Brazilian cars run off ethanol made from cane suger because that's their biggest industry. But ethanol can be made from lot's of things, wheat, beets, rice, wood, grasses, grains, corn cobs, straw, sawdust, grapes, even from waste! In the US ethanol is made from wheat. In France it's made from grapes. The technology is all there, it's very similar to making beer or wine. The major oil copanies will go under if we all adopt ethanol so it is in their best interest to stifle the technology. And they are very powerful. Ethanol isn't more widely adopted because of them. It's the same with marijuana. It isn't legalized because the tobacco and alcohol industries are so powerful.

No, your argument is just too simplistic. Certainly in the UK this is not the case, the tobacco industry as no power here, smoking is banned everywhere, advertising of tobacco is banned everywhere. That is not the reason that marijuana is not legal. Same for alternate forms of energy, there aren't oil barons in dark glasses twisting the government's arm. I haven't looked into it in any depth, but there must be other factors involved than such a simplistic scenario. One big factor is that it's simply easier to carry on doing things the old way, .the infrastructure is already there.

I don't know what things are like in the US, but you paint quite a corrupt picture.
Message 43 of 48
A.Baroody

Here in the US, the oil baron's are Vice president and President 😉

As for corruption... be thankful you haven't come to America. This country is broken and i have very little love for it. The America i love is an ideal concept only found in history books or the written papers of its founders.
Message 44 of 48
Anonymous

No, your argument is just too simplistic. Certainly in the UK this is not the case, the tobacco industry as no power here, smoking is banned everywhere, advertising of tobacco is banned everywhere. That is not the reason that marijuana is not legal. Same for alternate forms of energy, there aren't oil barons in dark glasses twisting the government's arm. I haven't looked into it in any depth, but there must be other factors involved than such a simplistic scenario. One big factor is that it's simply easier to carry on doing things the old way, .the infrastructure is already there.

I don't know what things are like in the US, but you paint quite a corrupt picture.
sigh!.. unfortunately things are quite corrupt here and the current administration is one of the worst in history. Too many things to get into here. Smoking is banned everywhere and so is advertising, but the tobacco and alcohol obbyist are incredibly powerful.

I agree with you that a huge factor is the fact that things have been done a certain way for so long and the old gaurd has gathered so much power that it's difficult to change. But like you said before, there is going to have to be change because of finite resources, war, economics, etc... That is why I like the fear of global warming theory, it's one more reason to make a change.
Message 45 of 48
Anonymous

Here in the US, the oil baron's are Vice president and President 😉

As for corruption... be thankful you haven't come to America. This country is broken and i have very little love for it. The American i love is an ideal concept only found in history books or the written papers of its founders.

sad but true!
Message 46 of 48
Thomas Mahler

Just wanted to say that it's so freaking hot here in Vienna... yuck! It's 12pm and in the room I work in it's already 31 C.

The good thing is though, I manage to challenge the world record of how much ice-cream can a man eat per day.

Yummy. Hot. Yummy. Hot!
Message 47 of 48
Anonymous

Just wanted to say that it's so freaking hot here in Vienna... yuck! It's 12pm and in the room I work in it's already 31 C.

The good thing is though, I manage to challenge the world record of how much ice-cream can a man eat per day.

Yummy. Hot. Yummy. Hot!

too bad you can't give your computer some ice cream to keep it cool:rolleyes:
Message 48 of 48
Thomas Mahler

It's 41 C now.

Where's an ice-age if you need one?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report