Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Functional differences - desktop vs. perpetual license

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Ingomann
658 Views, 5 Replies

Functional differences - desktop vs. perpetual license

Hello,

we just started a tryout of smoke 2015.

One thing I could not yet find out is:

Are there any differences in the funcionality between the desktop license and the perpetual license ?

Thanks a lot in advance for your answer.

Ingo

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
fred.warren
in reply to: Ingomann

Brian Mulligan did a good job listing the differences here:

http://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/autodesk-smoke-2015-and-flame-assist-on-mac-what-does-it-really-mean...

Please note that since then the Sparks support has been re-introduced in Smoke Desktop Extension 1.

fred

Frédéric Warren
User Experience Designer
Message 3 of 6
Ingomann
in reply to: fred.warren

Thanks a lot.

So, if we don't have flame, but only using smoke on one only mac, there will be no remarkable difference between perpetual and desktop license ?

Greetings

Ingo

Message 4 of 6
chismoke

You are correct...it is less than remarkable.

Message 5 of 6
waltersoyka

Assuming you don't use Sparks, I think that other new features in Extension 1 (only available on Desktop Subscription), timeline Matchbox and timeline LUTs, are more significant than they may seem at first glance.

w.
Message 6 of 6
jkfriesen
in reply to: waltersoyka

For what it's worth doesn't SP2 (perpetual sub) have Sparks compatibility? I don't use Sparks but noticed a Sparks button in SP2. This would make the only differences being Matchbox in the Timeline and the LUT editor, the latter being a significant difference in my opinion.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report