Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forums: Layout, Issues, Ideas

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 7 of 20
Helmi74
1211 Views, 19 Replies

Forums: Layout, Issues, Ideas

Hi,

i've noticed that this part of the forums has its own style compared to the rest of autodesk forums. This is great as it matches the fusion360 website, learning section, gallery, and so on. I basically also like this wider style with a more modern typography.

Although... maybe someone could have another session with the css files as the typography of the posts is horrible and makes it hard to read posts at all. Text starts right below the meta informations on the top of posts but then there is way too much space between paragraphs.

Here's an example screenshot with the big paragraph spaces marked with red arrows and the tight fit to the meta data (post date, etc) yellow arrows. https://www.evernote.com/shard/s1/sh/44e17af3-a3bb-4d2a-baa7-ca343040c1ef/c6cdcb576b60fe23bc46579975...

Additionally the signatures don't get separated from the posts at all which basically would be okay but often you just think this is content that belongs to the post depending what people write in there - makes it hard to use.

Mabye lines between meta data, post and signatures would help, or different background. Also font sizes could play better - having the post content text smaller than the meta data seem unusual.

Maybe some can fix this - would make me use this forums even more often 🙂 (you may understand this as a warning sign *g*)

EDIT: i know you can set the font size but this makes things even worse - i tried.

EDIT2: had a look at the code and it looks like this ugly editor makes it even worse - it produces empty <p> tags that make the paragraph spacing sooo big.

---
Frank / @helmi

Established 1974. Internet addicted since 1994. Collector of Kudos.
19 REPLIES 19
Message 8 of 20
lure23
in reply to: Helmi74

How many of you others are seeing immense white space, on recent entries.

I'm thinking of going to strike until that is fixed.

Capture 2013-9-18 kello 18.20.10.jpg

Asko Kauppi

IT guy into Cleantech.
Message 9 of 20
Oceanconcepts
in reply to: lure23

Yes, I am as well.

White space is great.

But there is such a thing as too much.

There is almost as much scrolling in the forum now as in my Fusion browser. Smiley Wink

Ron

- Ron

Mostly Mac- currently M1 MacBook Pro

Message 10 of 20
lure23
in reply to: Oceanconcepts

I'm surprised no-one (Kat...!) from Autodesk is commenting on this issue.

It seems partly random - not a matter of CSS change. Some old messages read nice, others seem to get the extra space.

Is there *anyone* who doesn't experience it? (i.e. is it somehow Windows / Mac related) Both Ron and myself use Macs.

Asko Kauppi

IT guy into Cleantech.
Message 11 of 20
Helmi74

as said the problem seems to be the editor that insets additional, empty < p >< / p > tags with every new line that make every new paragraph two paragraphs with one empty one.

I'm also a bit surprised of the silence (not only on this thread but also on the complete forums) but well . maybe it's holiday season over in Oregon? 😉
---
Frank / @helmi

Message 12 of 20
AndrewSears

Sorry for the delay.  It was not a holiday but we had sunshine for a week straight and the state made everyone go outside.  🙂

I sent an email yesterday and will follow up today to see what the plan is with the Lithium team.

Thanks,

Andy 

Message 13 of 20
AndrewSears
in reply to: AndrewSears

The design team is aware of this.  The Lithium team currently have a freeze on changes but will look into this as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Andy 

Message 14 of 20
lure23
in reply to: AndrewSears

Seems to have been fixed, thanks.

Asko Kauppi

IT guy into Cleantech.
Message 15 of 20
Helmi74

Looks much better now - thanks for the relatively quick fix. this helps reading the forums a lot.

Although the meta data below the subject could still be better divided from the post content i think - maybe there's someone around who can continue to improve the details.

---
Frank / @helmi

Message 16 of 20
lure23

Message 17 of 20
lure23

One Fusion 360 -specific thing:

Why is there no 'Browser' for the IdeaStation labels? I would have used it numerous times.

labels.jpg

Mobile? (great, coming up?)

Learning? (what's that for?)

Drawings? (hmmmm... we're going to get some?)

Translation? (ok)

Visualization?

Asko Kauppi

IT guy into Cleantech.
Message 4 of 20
lure23

These forums are run on top of a Lithium product (www.lithium.com).

Personally, in day-to-day use, I have found some frustrating usability issues with this, and would like to know if others are also just "biting the teeth" or if it's just me...

Here goes my Top 3 hurts:

- the editing window insists on a horizontal scrollbar, no matter how wide I scale the window. This is a rookie web design glitch, and shouldn't be expected of a product / company named "Visionary" by Gartner)

horizontal-scrollbar-yes-always.png

- Ghostly "New" messages.

Quite often, the main level (list of discussion groups) shows that some group has "X New" messages, but going through there aren't any. I presume that the system has a bug where deleted (unread) messages remain in the 'New' count.

In general, getting to what's actually 'new' in i.e. IdeaStation is like repeatedly looking for the pin in the hey stack. Is there a "this is new" summary somewhere? Haven't found.

Which brings to the third...

- Subscription emails lack pictures

In discussions s.a. these more than half of the message is in the pictures. Why cannot the system send me emails that not only have the new text (as is now) but also the pictures embedded? Bandwidth? Come on... This should probably be my hurt #1.

I'm really a nice, non-nagging person in real life. Believe it or not.

How about you others - noticed any pains with the Forums lately? (if not - you're just getting immune)

Asko Kauppi

IT guy into Cleantech.
Message 5 of 20
kat.ingalls

Hey Asko! The suggestions you have seem like totally reasonable requests. Personally, I haven't really participated in Forums before Fusion 360 (more of a social media girl), so most of this is new to me. I definintely agree about the horizontal scroll bar! I know that the Lithium platform here at Autodesk is planned to get some revisions shortly. I'll forward this feedback to the team - thanks again.

Do you participate in other forums/discussion groups? Any that  you think offer a great model?

Kat

Fusion 360 Social & Community Manager
twitter: @adskFusion360
facebook: /fusion360
Message 6 of 20
kat.ingalls

Hey Asko! Check out our new reply box. Got it fixed for you 🙂 Thanks again for bringing it up! Some more substantial updates coming in the next couple months

Kat

Message 1 of 20
lure23

There are some obvious bugs in the Fusion 360 program, still. I would like to report those but they don't really fit in the "IdeaStation" forum that is supposed to be for new ideas etc. The role of bug reports is different.

Can we have a completely new forum avenue for this? Alternatively, is Autodesk able to extend access to the internal bug database to community members?

Here's a sample:

In editing design Title and Description fields, normal keyboard shortcuts (Cmd-C, Cmd-V, Cmd-A, Cmd-Z) don't work.

Preparation:

- have a design material created in Fusion 360.

- use OS X (not tested on Windows)

Steps:

- Select More > Edit for the material (note: NOT just the 'edit' - they do different things!)

- Should see this (push 'Add Description' if needed):

editing_design_description.png

- Click in the "Title" text edit field. Try to use Cmd-C (copy), Cmd-V (paste), Cmd-A (select all), Cmd-Z (undo)

Expected:

- all the keys above should work as normal for the system

Actual:

- Cmd-V (paste) works; the others not

Extra:

- Do the same within the 'Description' text entry field. Here none of the four keys work as intended.

Associated:

- Having separate 'Edit' and 'More > Edit' for a design entry (that do widely different things; first opens the design for edit, the second edits its metadata) is misleading. 'Open' would be a better name for the first text.

- When editing the Description text field, the field simply vanished once (no special keys were pressed or anything). All edited text was lost. This can be connected to the time used for editing, or i.e. an autosave event or something. More testing is needed (haven't tried to reproduce it yet).

Versions:

Fusion/Sim 360 1.8.568, OS X 10.8.4

Reported:

Asko Kauppi, 25-Jul-2013

Asko Kauppi

IT guy into Cleantech.
Tags (2)
Message 2 of 20
kat.ingalls

Hey Asko! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Always appreciate your feedback!

Our product team (which is handling both bug reporting and the IdeaStation) should be chiming in soon, but personally I think this would be a great addition to the IdeaStation, which isn't just limited to new ideas, but seems to house many of these types of requests.

For instance, this is a request to clear the notification icon in the dashboard: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Request-a-Feature-Fusion-360/Clear-Notification/idi-p/4310934

What do you think? Thanks again!

Kat

Message 3 of 20
lure23
in reply to: kat.ingalls

I'm okay reposting (or moving) the entry to that arena. However, the actual work still probably happens in some internal bug handling system you're using. So it wouldn't be really adding much value, I guess.

One reason I'm hesitant to flood the IdeaStation with these (unfortunately there are more) is that when it comes to clear bugs (s.a. this) there's not really that much of discussion about it. Should it be fixed? Yes. What's the priority? That's mainly up to you in Autodesk. So my point is that IdeaStation should be for issues where a larger discussion about what exactly should be done (if anything) is needed. This would also be the difference in focus in the proposed Bugz forum.

Just tell me what to do, and I'll follow that. 🙂

Asko Kauppi

IT guy into Cleantech.
Message 18 of 20
kat.ingalls

Hey guys! Wondering if you've had a chance to see the update to the Autodesk community that went live yesterday. Fusion's boards are custom-skinned, but wondering if you like the consistent layout of this site or the new layout on the other boards better?

http://forums.autodesk.com/

Kat

Message 19 of 20
Helmi74
in reply to: kat.ingalls

had a quick look - i like the thread view much more, but the forum overview is horrible, which may also be due to the massive amount of subforums but i think you can't have it much more chaotic than they made this 🙂
---
Frank / @helmi

Message 20 of 20
kat.ingalls

Candid feedback as usual, Helmi! Thank you 🙂 So, it sounds like you're leaning towards keeping the Fusion-customized layout?

For feedback about the forums overall, the larger team will be viewing topics here:

Community Feedback Forum

Kat

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report