Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flame - Will not link to media

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
GingerFX
434 Views, 5 Replies

Flame - Will not link to media

Im doing a conform which has lots of split screens / double exposure type effects in. The editor has done a really nice job visually but when I try to conform it with the edl Flame freaks out at any clip that has a dissolve on it. Ive tried 'Relink' tool and no avail so Ive had to manually match each layer each time then do the comps in batch/action. Its just weird as I have the media on my system and you can see it has the right TC but it wont link to it.

Its not a major problem as I eye matched all the bits but annoying it wouldnt even give me the clips I needed even though i had them. The company is running 2012 i think still

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: GingerFX

If it's a crazy edit, getting an XML or AAF will often be of more use than an EDL.

Is the resolution or tape name incorrect?  Those get me fairly often.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

What Andy said:

AAF or XML FTW.

Sounds like the company you're at is not "running" anything, sounds like they are limping along, wasting your time and theirs with old software and old ways of working.

2013 anniversary edition sorts out conforms.

It's better than 2011, better than 2012 and better than legacy flame 2013.

Is the company on a support contract?

Message 4 of 6
GingerFX
in reply to: Anonymous

The company is one of the biggest in UK so yes they have all the right contracts.

What would the benefits of using AAF / XML be?

It was fine in the end as I had the timecodes so just manually did it but not ideal.

The other problem was that everything was soft imported , i was gona do my conform then consolidate and 'Store Local'. It wouldn't let me store anything locally! Every clip just had 'pending render' on it and nothing was being Wired in the background. Very strange.
Job is done now but these hiccups were annoying
Message 5 of 6
GingerFX

I tried Relinking with every combination of things like Resolution / Tape Name / Framerate etc and nothing would do it
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

AAF & XML carry over soft FX--repos, crops--and annoying stuff like animated timewarps.  They're more convoluted to deal with than EDLs (you have to load the AAF, then consilidate it to 0 frames, THEN link it with media--at least in pre-AE) but they can be lifesavers when the offline editor has gotten crafty.

Your "store local" issue sounds like the Gateway fell over, which it's been known to do.  Have an engineer restart it (or if you can't find one, reboot the machine) and that should fix it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report