Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flame to Lustre sharing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
autogeorgea
412 Views, 3 Replies

Flame to Lustre sharing

Hi, Just wanted to know if there is a way of avoiding getting the frame count (Timecode intime) appended into the [ORIGINAL_NAME] when it arrives into the Lustre.

We are using the Lustre as an export tool for sequences of shots to be packaged into folders for separate shots delivery.

Flame doesnt do this on its own from what I can acertain?

thanks ,

George

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DWA_Paul
in reply to: autogeorgea

George,

If I read your post correctly, you want to Flame to export shots into their own folders. Let me see if I can help with this as that's what I wanted. 🙂

We have shots that are DPX files and we need to send of individual clips (shots), so I highlight the shots I want in the LIBRARY and then select EXPORT.

In the EXPORT window, I select the type of file I want (DPX 10-bit or whatever) and then select SHOW ADVANCED OPTIONS.

What you are looking for here is FILENAME and PATTERN

Filename will show you how the file will be named on export, something like NAME.[000000-000594].dpx

Pattern will help you create a folder then filename. Without doing anything you should see <name> in the Pattern area. Click in there and add an / 

Then click on ADD TOKEN and select Clip Name.

Now in the Pattern area, it will look like this <name>/<name>

If you look in File Name you'll see it now says something like NAME/NAME.[000000-000594].dpx

So what this will do is create a folder and then place the DPX files in that folder.

Say you have a clip named seq100s43  by exporting the way I explained you will end up with a folder named 

seq100s43 and inside that folder you will have individual DPX files named

seq100s43.000000

seq100s43.000001

seq100s43.000002

seq100s43.000003

seq100s43.000004

and so on.

Is that what you are looking for?

We have to do this a LOT. And you can highlight multiple clips and export this way and they will all get their own folder.

Also, you can place a bunch of clips in a REEL and name the REEL whatever you want and then just select the REEL and EXPORT. That will give you a folder with the name of the REEL (whatever you named it) and inside that folder you will have folders for every clip you had in the REEL. Make sense?

Good luck, it took some playing around with support to get this down, but it saves a TON of time now.

Cheers
Paul

Flame 205
Message 3 of 4
autogeorgea
in reply to: DWA_Paul

Thanks Paul, We have been using this function for a while now but I had a specific request for the delivery for VFX plates with the edl name to be the name of the folder and then for each frame of the clip to have this name as well plus the timecode (source frame count).

We cannot get this particular combination/format out of the flame but have been able to get it from Lustre (Flame Premium) albeit with a slight error. When the timeline is shared with Lustre the clips come into Lustre with the first frame count appended to the name, then when exporting, gets propagated to each file name. The Render Naming tokens for Lustre output are [ORIGINAL_NAME]/<resolution_folder>/[ORIGINAL_NAME] . 

The question is , is there a way to drop that first frame count appended to the name?

(eg of a name might be  VFX001_TOP_AUB_234890.86000.DPX)   Its the 234890 im trying to get rid of!

Hope this make some sense,

Thanks George 

Message 4 of 4
DWA_Paul
in reply to: autogeorgea

Yeah, sorry George I can't help you there. I don't have Flame Premium, so no Lustre bit to work with.

Paul

Flame 205

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report