Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flame Assist playback jittery

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
michaeldnyc
512 Views, 4 Replies

Flame Assist playback jittery

I am getting very jittery playback on our Flame Assist station. Same footage plays smoothly on Flame. Source is prores 422 but is cached on direct attached storage on Mac.

2015 Ext2 sp1

osx 10.8.5

2x2.26 ghx quad core

24gb ram

NVIDIA quadro 4000

kona 3g ouput card

Any ideas welcome. Thanks.

Michael

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
joelosis
in reply to: michaeldnyc

what res is your footage and bit depth, and what were your cache and render settings set to when the project was created?
If it was left at its default of uncompressed then regardless of the source being prores 422 it will be cached to uncompressed dpx which unless you have a fast raid will not play back on a single internal drive

Message 3 of 5
joelosis
in reply to: joelosis

i would also double check that your timeline is not 16bit or 12 bit as well

Message 4 of 5
michaeldnyc
in reply to: joelosis

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried both prores and uncompressed as cache setting. I have a 5TB direct attached raid. Test Disks reports Read 38fps 0.03 spf 301MBps. This was previously fast enough for 1920 10 bit setup I thought.

Michael

Message 5 of 5
michaeldnyc
in reply to: michaeldnyc

Apparently this is a known bug relating to dual computer monitors and broadcast monitor from an Aja card output.

SMOK-25125 Defect MAC: Broadcast Monitor: AJA Preview: Dual Monitor : playback with Drop frames

Workaround: Disable the second monitor if you want to use the AJA as broadcast preview.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report