Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Request - Avid Artist Color Rings/Color Corrector

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
431 Views, 4 Replies

Feature Request - Avid Artist Color Rings/Color Corrector

I am using Smoke to do more finishing and am loving it.  Since the majority of each project requires basin color correcction, I am using the color corrector a lot.  I use an Avid Artist Control and it would be great if the color rings would adjust RGB Offset, RGB Gamma & RGB Gain in the color corrector mode like most other color correction software (not Contrast, Saturation & Hue).  Most colorists I know are use to this configuration.

Thanks for your consideration.

George Bellias

Jade Productions

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
frenetj
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi George,

You can do this really easily using the keyboard shortcuts editor.  The procedure is really simple and it will let you assign almost any UI numeric field in Smoke to any of the control surface buttons, knobs or wheel (aside from the trackballs which need some special under the hood coding to control two different parameters simultaneously).

1 - Open the keyboard shortcuts editor

2 - Click on the UI numeric widget you would like to control

3 - Move the control surface wheel (or knob) you would like to assign it to

4 - Hit Save

You're done!  Note that you can adjust the "Increment" setting to make the wheel/knob more or less sensitive.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Jasmin

Message 3 of 5
davidjahns
in reply to: frenetj

I use the same panel, and the Color Warper tool primarily. And it drives me nuts that the center ring is saturation, not gamma.

And since there is not a numeric field for the overall gamma curve, you can't remap to it.

There are, however, numeric inputs for each RGB channel's gamma, and you link those together by holding the shift-option keys, so the closest I've been able to get to make this work like I want is to Shift-Option-Knob adjust the gamma small knobs, which accomplishes what I want, but it's a little clunky to get there.  And the whole point of using the panel is that it should be elegant, not clunky...

I suppose I could remap the middle ring to G gamma, and then just hold the shift-option keys down for overall gamma.  That might be better...

What I REALLY want is for Smoke to support the Tangent Element panel, but if I start ranting about that, I might sounds like a broken record, so I'l leave it there for now...

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Jasmin,
Thanks for the advice. I remapped the color controls I wanted control to the MC Rings and it worked perfectly. I really appreciate the tip.
Message 5 of 5
davidjahns

following those steps appears to work, except that when I hit SAVE, it doesn't change anything - the list on the left still shows the old shortcuts, and when I exit the keyboard editor, the old shortcuts are still in place.  Am I missing something?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report