Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FCP xml conform issues with timewarps

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
facenorth
490 Views, 6 Replies

FCP xml conform issues with timewarps

Hi,
Just trying to conform a load of Arri Alexa ProRes 4444 from an xml. Everything is fine until I come to the timewarps, they are always out by at least a frame, sometimes 20 frames. They seem to be further out, the longer the head handles on the source material. My project is setup as 23.976 - the FCP was 23.976 - the ProRes are 23.976. I have tried to figure if it was a 23.976 vs 24 thing, this mathematically doesn't seem to be the problem.

EDIT...
Also the Alexa footage was shot at 36fps (I believe) and timewarping back to 23.976 (Go figure!)

Anyone had this?

Also annoying that things don't auto-link because smoke sees the ProRes as having an alpha, so I have to manually choose each clip, is this a bug or 'operator error'?

Cheers,
Angus
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
facenorth
in reply to: facenorth

Seriously! No one had slipping sources with Timewarps?
Message 3 of 7
jaseo

There is a known bug where the start TC and record-in TC from FCP7 XMLs are not accurately translated for TW clips.

Regarding the prores4444 conform linking issue. This is a known bug with RGBA sources. With Conform "Set Source Location" you cannot see the Create Matte Container option but it *IS* taken into account….

The workaround is -

switch to MediaHub, turn off Create Matte Container, switch back to conform, set Source Location again, everything is available.

cheers

Jason
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Phew. That's ok then. So long as its known about.

Seriously?

The bugs in this one post makes 2013 unusable for a whole segment of the industry.
Message 5 of 7
facenorth
in reply to: jaseo

Hi Jason,
Hope you are well!

Any chance of a fix coming on the TW issue?

I've sorted the matte container work around - this still needs to be fixed as I get two options for every link. Painful when conforming 14 x 2 min edits! Most of my work seems to be on RAW rushes with colour grading being done on the final at the moment, so a lot of double handling to get rid of the alphas. Even if there was a filter option in search to remove clip names with "*alpha" would help...

Cheers,
Angus
Message 6 of 7
jaseo

Yeah, being known without a workaround isn't very useful. However, they are on the radar and do have high priority. Being a public forum, no commitments on timeframe can be made.

cheers

Jason
Message 7 of 7
facenorth
in reply to: jaseo

I couldn't remember whether I posted this on the Smoke Forum recently or the Flame Forum 5 years ago. It appears it was both.

I would like to post it again.

Is there a way of fixing this? I'ts driving me crazy. I have 7 multi-layer xmls with Timewarps all over the place.

It makes me want to cry.

Now getting the editor to re-export edls which obviousl don't contain the multitude of resizes/flips etc.

Sadly,

Angus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report