Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fastest SSD's on the market?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
john.fegan
580 Views, 2 Replies

Fastest SSD's on the market?

So obviously the old Mac Pro's don't have 6gb sata ports, only 3gb sata, so we are limmited to that. However I would like to know if anyone has installed any 6gb sata pcie cards to their old mac pro and raided some SSD's with 6gb sata connection? I'm immagining it would be screaming fast!

At the momment I have a custom built centos 6.5 box, which I stripped 2 6gbs sata SSD's together and were getting upwards of 750mbps read speeds. The 2 SSD's were really cheap crappy off brand ssd's, so I would immagine a couple good samsung SSD's would be better?

What have you guys found?

Best SSD's?

Best 6gbs sata pcie cards?

Thanks,

Johnny Fegan.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
majush
in reply to: john.fegan

Samsung 840Pro vs Intel 530 in terms of speed vs reliability from what I heard last.
On Smoke 2016
Message 3 of 3
peppermintpost
in reply to: john.fegan

can't tell about the intel. but i have 10 of the samsung pros - they are pretty fast - about 500 mb/sec. slightly over 500 read spead, write speed is slightly below 500 mb/sec. i bought the first of them when it was introduced (128gb) and a litte later the 256 gb. they are running every day and i still dont have any ssd lost. all of them are totally reliable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report