Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting targa or tiff with alpha

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
553 Views, 3 Replies

Exporting targa or tiff with alpha

Is anyone able to export a single frame (targa or tiff) with an alpha? I've created my frame in CFX connected the fill and matte to the output. Back on the timeline I commit CFX and a matte container is created. I go can into the matte container and see the fill and matte layers. When export - no matte. I've also tried exporting two seperate files a fill and matte and reimported them and created a matte container in the tools section. That didn't work either.

What's strange is that I was able to to this a few days but I was exporting a quicktime file.

Is this a bug?

Thanks!

Rich

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
BKM
Advisor
in reply to: Anonymous

Should work as you described...but I haven't tried it myself. Try a .png also, make sure that Comp is turned off onthe container. That will void the alpha

Flame/Smoke Editor
Check out the Premiumbeat Smoke Blog
http://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/category/smoke-2/
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: BKM

Just had time to try this again. I have a matte container and I can go into that and see the fill and the alpha. When I export a targa or tiff the alpha is not being exported - just a black frame.

I have comp turned off and I don't see the option to export a png file.

Thanks!

Rich

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm doing the same thing right now.  I had .png as an option although, once I turned off Comp, the .png option went away and did not come back even if I turned on Comp.  I'm restarting Smoke now to see if that helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report