Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting QuickTime with embedded alpha from Flare

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
kathg
746 Views, 6 Replies

Exporting QuickTime with embedded alpha from Flare

Hi folks

I've just picked up a job on flare that was previously in Flame assist, it renders a fill with alpha but doesn't seem to come out embedded if you render it to the library, and if you use the writenode there is no option for QuickTime . There are many,many versions of this project so if you guys know a way to work around this,either direct export through Write Node of being able to create a container and export that ( there is a hotkey to make on but it doesn't work) , that would be a real help

Thanks!!

Kath
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Andy-Dill
in reply to: kathg

I just gave it a go in flare 2013 (which may be way different from what you want) but I picked my fill in the library, then ctrl-clicked my matte and hit "export media" and exported the image with an embedded alpha.

Message 3 of 7
kathg
in reply to: Andy-Dill

Hi Andy

Thanks for that , I wish it worked ( the hotkey menu seems to indicate it should) and this works fine in flame assist but not on this version of Flare 2015 ext2 ......I've found a workaround by saving the two clips and then switching into Flame Assist and making them up as a Container which then exports fine, it's just a bit long winded when you have many versions to make up.....

Kath

Sent from my iPad
Message 4 of 7
AdamArcher
in reply to: kathg

Hi Kath,

You could just use the "Write File" node in your Batch schematic (pretty sure Flare has this in 2015 ext2), connect your front and matte, pick the format you want to output, ensure it is set to RGB-A then render it to whatever path you choose.

Then you can just reimport that render as a contained sequence with comp disabled then export it as a quicktime.

Not ideal but saves you jumping back and forth between Flare & Flame Assist. Will actually make not too much difference in storage either as you'd have to render the file to your framestore anyway before you export it, so it would make little to no difference if you export your RenderFile to your local storage as well. 

Hope that helps 🙂

Adam

Message 5 of 7
kathg
in reply to: AdamArcher

Hi Adam

Thanks so much for your idea, and it's a good one - and works fine for image sequences , but sadly for some reason not for Quicktimes.......
On a more cheerful note though I've just found out that if you make a BFX of the combined output that does embed the alpha, you save it to your library then render locally or export and it works fine.......
Message 6 of 7
randymcentee
in reply to: Andy-Dill

Andy Dill, Flame 2013 (pre AE) uses Control-click in a fill then matte for RGBA export.  Not anymore in Flame 2015.  This now requires a container.

Message 7 of 7
juhatak
in reply to: randymcentee

Sorry to bring back this very old topic, but I was wondering this very same issue. So is there some new alternative way of rendering Prores mov 4444 with alpha channel other than making BFX and exporting it?

In Flare matte combine in timeline isn't option and write file doesn't offer mov format.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report