Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depth of field Node !!!! and UV map Node !!!!!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1049 Views, 6 Replies

Depth of field Node !!!! and UV map Node !!!!!

Hi

We have 3 flame Suite 2 Flare seat and a 3d department ( 3Dsmax).
we also use Nuke.
And i very confuse about some strange thing on Flame (since 2008 )

Depth of fields : this node don't work at all , i still get a better result in Nuke or even in after effect using "frischluft"
the edge look very wiered .

Uv Map :
If you try to Un-distort in Nuke or in after effect (with-re-map ) , using a UvMap u will get something useable .
if you try to do the same in Flame 2012 , you will get something very wiered.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
andy__dill
in reply to: Anonymous

post a pic of the UV map issue. Or even better, post frames of the UV map and image to be undistorted.

As for DoF, are you using the DoF node or the old 3dBlur or something else? I've been pretty happy with the new DepthOfField node. It's not always better than Frischluft, but it can give gorgeous results.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

hi Andy
thank a lot

We try different way to solve this issue ( uv map ) and doesn't work .
i think the biggest issues is the 16bits floating point .
we are very disappointed about the Flame "VFX Workflow" the flame need a really huge update in compositing side

_Exr compatibility with other package ( nuke, fusion .... )
_32 bits floating points workflow
_

Anathe
Message 4 of 7
andy__dill

I don't know that this is your issue, but since it's come up elsewhere, I'd like to address a part of the "16 vs 32 bits" issue.

I have yet to find a situation where 32 bits would be more useful than 16. That situation may be UV mapping (which I haven't spent much time on in Nuke or Flame) but it is not depth of field, motion blur or any other data pass you're likely to use.

The default slicing for Flame's DoF is 8. Sapphire defaults to 5 and both max out somewhere around 50. In both cases even an 8 bit image will give you all the depth information you can use.

I agree that Flame could be better in it's multi channel workflow.
Message 5 of 7
dennisfegan

Trade you my 3 nuke suites for a flame suite. I agree Flame does need 32bit floating point, and better .exr support, but then again nuke needs a real timeline.
Message 6 of 7
julioleon

I read somewhere that yo need the ZDepth at 16 bits and no Antialias. Maybe it will help.
Smoke 2015 SP3
Mac Pro 6 cores
OS X 10.10
32 GB RAM
Message 7 of 7
andy__dill

What's the advantage of 32 bit? What aspect of flame would be improved by it? I'm curious.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report