Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Action Inputs

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
louisfeng
601 Views, 6 Replies

Delete Action Inputs

I'm using Smoke 2015. I notice that once Action inputs nodes are deleted, there are these "internal" items listed under Action Media tab, which I can't seem to be able to delete.

Any solutions?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Grant.Kay
in reply to: louisfeng

Hi,

These inputs cannot be deleted and you never could in previous versions.

The understanding is that if the media is non-existent, you can still retain all your settings and 3D object for the media input if you require to use it again.

Regards
Grant

Grant Kay
Principal Learning Content Developer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Official Autodesk Flame Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/flamehowtos

The Official Autodesk Smoke Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos

Also available as podcasts on iTunes

Follow me on twitter @discreetuk for the latest training updates.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 7
louisfeng
in reply to: Grant.Kay

Thanks Grant. It make sense to keep them around if a user just want to temporarily disconnect medias, but if the user knows that they don't need these extra input anymore, the user should be able to delete them, otherwise they just add to the clutter.

It's like saying, let's never delete any files in case we need them in the future.

Message 4 of 7
chismoke

Yes...this one has always been a bit aggravating.

Message 5 of 7
djsmoke
in reply to: chismoke

I hate having all those blank inputs in the Media list and having to scrool all the way down to find my new inputs.  I say, "Get rid of them!"Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Long standing request - worst is when you combine two large action files to merge versions then delete all the unneeded layers...
You can end up with 10 layers - starting at layer 73 on.
What's needed is a minimize layers button that purges unused and relabels updating any expressions Efc on the way.
Message 7 of 7
AlanMaiden

I totally agree with what Grant said but in the old software the deleted media didn't show up as red titles in the media list. Only media the machine couldn;t find was in red. This makes it very worrying when picling up someone elses build at initial glance it looks like media has been lost. Any chance it could go back to just being grey?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report