Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Support?????

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
adamt
756 Views, 13 Replies

Customer Support?????

i have read that Autodesk Support is excellent, when you can get hold of them.....but im really unsure how to contact them!

I have four open cases i have put onto the Customer Support page of the Subscription log-in, but as yet i have not had a single response to any of them...

some are a week old, and one of them has been waiting 6 weeks for a response!

Is there a secret contact method that only the initiated are allowed to know?

Whats the point of having customer support if they don't support the customer?

adam

Flame 2020.3
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
camilo.lemos
in reply to: adamt

Hi  @adamt 

There is no secret way to contact support. I'm surprised you haven't heard back from our customer service teams regarding any of your cases. Our support replies can sometimes end up in Spam folders, have you checked your Spam folders to see if the emails didn't mistakenly get redirected there?

Could you please let me know your support case numbers? I'll have a look at them and will get back to you with updates on their status. 

Thank you,

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 14
adamt
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hi Cam,

there has been no replies to them...i have checked the activity on the Support portal. Each one is showing as Unassigned !

There are no replies inany Junk mail filtering ( i dont use it!)

The only responses to any ofg the queries have come from people on this forum.

The numbers are:-

10002113  (this one was answered by Brian Mulligan on this forum)

thanks

Adam

Flame 2020.3
Message 4 of 14
camilo.lemos

Thanks Adam!

I'll contact the Smoke team and ask them to contact you about these cases as soon as possible.

Apologies for the delay and inconvenience.

Camilo Lemos

Message 5 of 14
joane.bonghanoy

Hi Adam,

Your Smoke cases were forwarded to your reseller and to the Smoke Support Team. They would be contacting you regarding these cases the soonest possible time.

Reply back and let us know if you still have not heard anything.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 6 of 14
ryan
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

Adamt - don't be surprised, this has been my and many other users experience for years.  Good luck.

Message 7 of 14
adamt
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

Hi Joane,

its now 18th Nov - 11 days after requesting supports help with a serious crashing problem that was making Smoke pretty useless, and as yet i have not had a single response from Autodesks Smoke Support Team.

How long should I expect to wait before getting any kind of help from Autodesk?

At least the licence for Smoke is an annual one - means next year i will simply not renew if things dont improve. Consiudering how long i have wanted to be using Smoke, its really disheartening to experience the reality of the support (or total lack thereof)

And why would the problem be sent to the reseller? They sell the product not code it or or solve problems to do with the software...thats the responsibility of the people who actually make it!

adam

Flame 2020.3
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous

I've noticed an eerie silence from the Autodesk camp since the blow up with Maintenance Contracts renewals still being sold even though they are worthless. Personally I'm willing to chalk this up to the corporate right hand not knowing what the corporate left hand was doing. This happens all the time in big corporations. Treating it with silence is not the answer. Acknowledge the error and let's move on Autodesk. Because this silence will indeed make it go away. Along with all your customers.

Message 9 of 14
helgetjelta
in reply to: Anonymous

Well I renewed my subscription in june, and now it is completely worthless. I do not get updates for the laste 8 month of my subscription. The ripped me off 😞

And now I'm not allowed to sell my license as well. Talking about trying to keep their customers. I am now, just waiting for the mac version of Black Magic Design Fusion.
I can not trust Autodesk anymore. I have to find a future, and I can not count on smoke.

Message 10 of 14
adamt
in reply to: helgetjelta

Now i'm really P!$$3d off!

Three weeks after complaining that Support is non-existent, and the only response i have got from Autodesk is some nifty buck passing that some other dept will respond (but never do).

Now i find I  can no longer even view my unresolved support cases.

according to the crappy web portal..."

Insufficient Privileges
You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested

such amazing customer support, for one of the most astonishingly flaky & unreliable pieces of  "professional" software i have ever tried. if I hadn't spent so much buying it, i would have given up and switched to a different edit system weeks ago.

One last chance Autodesk - someone from CUSTOMER SUPPORT or TECH SUPPORT - contact me in the next 8 hours or you will have lost a new customer for good!

Something tells me that they don't really care, though!

If anyone else knows a way to effectively contact this joke of a company, i'd love to know.

Flame 2020.3
Message 11 of 14
jaseo

Your best way forward would be to call Autodesk support in your region. If you have advanced support, they will help you immediately. If you only have basic support, support is done via the reseller. Maybe the issue is with your reseller?

Either way, contact Autodesk support directly and they will be able to tell you what support you have and find out where the cases you logged went.

You can find the numbers here

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/flame-products/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Co...

cheers,

Jason

Message 12 of 14
adamt
in reply to: jaseo

Thanks Jason - thats the info i have been looking for weeks for! why do they make it so difficult to find?

however, you also highlighted the big problem as i see it....

you spend thousands to buy software, it has technical problems making it unreliable and all the response you get is -

a) pay even more to be classed as "Premium" and we will help get it to working as it should, or you have to rely on the middleman who sold it to you and who has just as little info as you do, to solve a technical problem with our product.

or

b) log a ticket that will be completely ignored, and then wait for an indeterminate period whilst nothing happens and then when you try to check its status, we'll block your access to the help forum. Any problems with that? then add another support ticket, which will also be ignored...oh wait, you can't because our system has blocked your access. Goto solution a)

catch 22

Flame 2020.3
Message 13 of 14
jamesgrean

Glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing this - saw the "insufficient priveleges" two days ago when I went to open a support case and was a bit shocked. Why don't we have sufficient priveleges to see our own case history?

Message 14 of 14
adamt
in reply to: jamesgrean

I think they were having problems with the web...mine seems to be working again.

Adam
Flame 2020.3

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report