Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Stereoscopic Sequence from Two Single Files?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
kalle
479 Views, 4 Replies

Creating a Stereoscopic Sequence from Two Single Files?

Hi Guys,

I'm sorry but I can't seem to figure out the basics of a stereo workflow in SMAC 2013. I'm using the Extension SP1 at the moment, cause I don't like the way the nodes look in 2015 😉

But seriously, I have a couple of Pro Res files that are seperate eyes of a stereo rig. I created a stereo sequence and thought I could just drag the indivudual clips into the respective L & R tracks. This doesn't work however. 

My guess is I have to "link" the two clips together as a stereo set first, maybe like a matte container. However I neither found any instructions in the documentation nor the forums.

Has anyone got experience with this? Any help would be much appreciated. Would it be advisable to go to 2015 with this project? My current guess is no, as from what I read, 3D stereo workflow was better in 2012 than 2013... Any thoughts on this?

Thanks a lot,

Kalle

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: kalle

in 2015

new sequence

add left eye

add right eye to new track

select both tracks

merge to stereo clip

Message 3 of 5
kalle
in reply to: Anonymous

thanks, so this would mean I'd finally have to get used to the "flat nodes" 😉

Is there a way of doing this in 2013 as well?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

can't remember 2013 - it seems such a log time ago now

Message 5 of 5
kalle

Aaaaaah I figured it out now... I have to make a "mono" sequence with the L & R tracks on top of each other and select both of them. Then there is this little gear symbol at the bottom left oft the timeline. There I can select: Stereo/Merge Into Stereo Track and that's it.

I never figured that this gear symbol offers other commands than a right-click on the timeline.

However,your instructions definitely got me thinking in the right direction so thanks again! Maybe someone else will find this useful as well...

All the best,

Kalle

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report