Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy/paste via in/out on the sequence?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
346 Views, 2 Replies

copy/paste via in/out on the sequence?

Howdy! 

I'm an FCP/Avid/Premiere editor learning smoke. I often will have string outs of multiple takes on one sequence. Scene 101 tk 1, tk 2, etc. When editing I'll be playing/scrubbing and if I like a part I'll quickly set in and an out and copy just the part I want, then I'll litereally paste it where I want in my actual edit. 

In smoke I can create an in/out and then delete that footage but if I press copy and then put my cursor/focus somewhere else it doesn't paste what I want. This is pretty key to my process at least. Does smoke do this? 

I guess I could just create edits and then copy the part I want...which is only an additional two clicks or 4 to get it to create an edit across all tracks?

Thanks!

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
fred.warren
in reply to: Anonymous

Here are two things you could try:

1. Mark In/Out, then use one of the "Select Between In/Out" shortcut and then do the copy paste. There are three flavors of "Select Between In/Out": Current Track, Current Version, All Versions.

2. If your Top Area is set to Thumbnail / Free Form, you can use the "Drag: Create Subclip" shortcut to extract a new clip from the Timeline clip (the one with a Red Border) and drop it in the Timeline right away.

fred

Frédéric Warren
User Experience Designer
Message 3 of 3
Grant.Kay
in reply to: fred.warren

To add to Fred's response.

Using the FCP shortcuts, you press SHIFT+X to select between the In/Out points.

Regards
Grant

Grant Kay
Principal Learning Content Developer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Official Autodesk Flame Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/flamehowtos

The Official Autodesk Smoke Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos

Also available as podcasts on iTunes

Follow me on twitter @discreetuk for the latest training updates.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report