Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conform

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
JamesTR
385 Views, 4 Replies

Conform

Hi All,

How can you manually conform a timeline one item at a time in Smoke 2015?

Thanks

James

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ManChicken
in reply to: JamesTR

How so?

I mean, you can link as little or as much as you want at any given time from the Conform tab.. not really sure what you're asking.

Bob Maple | idolum
Message 3 of 5
JamesTR
in reply to: ManChicken

Like if I know that clip it is and where it is on my hard drive. Can I just navigate to that clip and say link here. It seems I have to give it variuos criteria such as timecode of filename. While in this case I have an AAF which was done with an offline. I have then created 16 bit ACES EXRs to do effects with but the filenames are different.

Message 4 of 5
ManChicken
in reply to: JamesTR

Well you do need to give it enough criteria to consider it a match in some fashion, which at minimum is probably timecode, but you can literally uncheck everything and it will pretty much show all the source clips from the Search Location as potential matches.  Select a clip from the Conform list, and it will show all the possibilities at the top of the library under a virtual library called "Conform: Potential Matches" -- you can manually select the appropriate file and then press 'Link Selected' to link just that clip.

Bob Maple | idolum
Message 5 of 5
JamesTR
in reply to: ManChicken

Hi Bob,

This is an incredibly useful bit of information! Another question I have though is about a stereoscopic 3D timeline can I confrom form clips inside the media pool which I have made into stereo 3D clips.

Thank you!

James

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report