Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conform sees ProRes4444 alpha channel as a match with AAF

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ranchos
528 Views, 3 Replies

Conform sees ProRes4444 alpha channel as a match with AAF

Conforming with ProRes4444.   Editor gave me an AAF from Avid.   Unfortunately Flame sees the ProRes alpha channel as a possible match ....so I would have had to manually link all 80 events.   I had him make an EDL which ignored alpha. 

FYI

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jaseo
in reply to: ranchos

When in conform, when you Set Search Location, you will see the mediahub general settings at the bottom. Under Clip Settings, you can select either Include Alpha, Create Matte Container, or Ignore Alpha. If you choose Ignore Alpha, the alpha should be ignored...

cheers

Jason

Message 3 of 4
ABC_CNG
in reply to: ranchos

I also ran into this exact issue in version 2013.  If you were conforming through the gateway, it would arbitrarily link to the alpha, even if you had selected ignore alpha.  The solution was to soft import all your media to a clip library, and then conform to the clip library instead of the gateway.  Problem solved. 

I haven't tried ProRres4444 on 2015 yet but I know that much has been improved in conform since 2013.

Steve Beecher
Flame Artist
Disney ABC Television
Message 4 of 4
Grant.Kay
in reply to: ABC_CNG

Hi Steve,

This should have been resolved in the latest version of Flame (2105 ext 2)… You should be able to set the linking behaviour as Jason described without having to do the 2013 workaround.

Give it a try and let us know 🙂

Regards
Grant

Grant Kay
Principal Learning Content Developer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Official Autodesk Flame Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/flamehowtos

The Official Autodesk Smoke Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos

Also available as podcasts on iTunes

Follow me on twitter @discreetuk for the latest training updates.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report