Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conform a 3D Stereoscopic Timeline

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
408 Views, 2 Replies

Conform a 3D Stereoscopic Timeline

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had, had any luck confroming a stereoscopic 3D timeline. I was able to bring in the timeline and turn it into a stereo timeline, however it was connecting the LEFT camera footage for both the LEFT and the RIGHT sides.

Thank you for your input!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Curious about this myself.  Never conformed with separate left and right camera files.  Everything I've done pulls cg or comp passes with the appropriate eye appended.

Message 3 of 3
Grant.Kay
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

There is no stereoscopic version of an EDL/XML/AAF. As far as I know.

What I have done in the past is put each eye on a different video track.

This is than conformed into Smoke and I converted the sequence into a stereoscopic timeline.

With regards to having the left eye footage conforming in both eyes. This is because the both sets of images for each eye has the same metadata.

What you can do in this case is conform each eye separately and point it to the correct footage and than create the stereoscopic timeline.

There are plenty of options to do this as you can imagine but it does come down to the EDL/AAF/XML you get as well as the metadata in the footage.

Regards
Grant

Grant Kay
Principal Learning Content Developer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Official Autodesk Flame Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/flamehowtos

The Official Autodesk Smoke Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos

Also available as podcasts on iTunes

Follow me on twitter @discreetuk for the latest training updates.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report