Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloning keyboard shortcuts

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
vkshah
512 Views, 3 Replies

Cloning keyboard shortcuts

I am remapping my keyboard settings and everything has worked fine until I attempt to clone a setting. The keyboard works with the original keyboard setting, but the clone will not work. The clone is mapped to the new setting, even after restarting. Ay help?

Thanks
VK
Online Editor & Colorist
Flame Assist on Mac 2017
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mikeparsons
in reply to: vkshah

I've seen this a lot over the years, the only way is to create a new user and do them all again.

Robert might have a way to create a new clean suer and then manually move some files in the OS, but hey AD you know what would be really good? A way to save and load user settings... FCP does it so it must be a good idea:)

All's well that ends. That's why its called finishing.
Message 3 of 4
vkshah
in reply to: mikeparsons

I've remapped several keyboard settings and sometimes they work. The interface even will even display my new shortcut but when i select it on the keyboard, it doesn't function. I may try setting up a new user setting another time, but it would great if Smoke could manage keyboards like Avid and FCP 7.
VK
Online Editor & Colorist
Flame Assist on Mac 2017
Message 4 of 4
Robert.Adam
in reply to: vkshah

Hi Mike.

I have added your name to an existing improvement request about being able to save / export user profiles.

Regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report