Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CFX question -- Added Matte to Fill, now want to change Matte within CFX

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
mncrnich
770 Views, 1 Reply

CFX question -- Added Matte to Fill, now want to change Matte within CFX

Hi all,

Have a CFX question.

I added a Matte to my Fill clip on the desktop.  Then I dropped the clip with a matte into my timeline.  Then changed it into a CFX composite.  Now I need to change the Matte source.  I know I can drag a new Source Matte Clip into the CFX Schematic, which works fine.  I can then unlink the old Matte and link the new Source Matte Clip.  However, once I have unlinked the old Matte clip, I cannot delete it.  I believe because I added the original Matte clip as a Matte onto the Fill Clip within the desktop thus creating a Matte Container.  I can see the "old" Matte Clip in the "Timing" layers.

How the heck can I swap the original Matte Clip?  Or how can I delete it once I have added a new Matte Clip?  I would prefer not to "Remove CFX and Recover Stack".  Unless there is an easy way to "Unstack" remove the clip and then "Restack" the clips.  If I do run "Remove CFX and Recover Stack", I can see the Matte Clip I want to remove.

TIA.

Matt

/
SMac 2016
2 x 2.4 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon
96 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 RAM
K5000
AJA Kona 3G
ioFX 1.6 TB
Promise VTrak 72TB
Eizo ColorEdge CG276W (artist monitor)
Sony XBR 4K UHD Display (client monitor)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mncrnich
in reply to: mncrnich

Okay, I am a moron.  Turns out the simplest solution works.  All you need to do is literally drop the new clip from the Bin onto the old CFX node.  Der.  

I guess in an effort to make SMAC more friendly and MAC like, this works.  I am so used to the old methods, I did not even try this till now.  I always load through dialogs.  I am not a drag and dropper.  I've run into issues in the past dragging and dropping files.

Consider this solved.

/
SMac 2016
2 x 2.4 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon
96 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 RAM
K5000
AJA Kona 3G
ioFX 1.6 TB
Promise VTrak 72TB
Eizo ColorEdge CG276W (artist monitor)
Sony XBR 4K UHD Display (client monitor)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report