Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cache Source Media - Backburner fail operation?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jose_attic
417 Views, 2 Replies

Cache Source Media - Backburner fail operation?

Hello Folks!

After conforming an AFF in to my project, I use the cache source media operation to my clips so I can later eject the disk where the original media is. The problem: when I use this operation it says that it's doing it in the backburner localhost, but after I access it to check the process, Its says "waiting" and doesn`t do anything at all! I have done cache source media before and this didn't happend before...

Anyother with the same problem?

I'm using tjhe flame premium 2015

Have a nice day! 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ShannonDunn
in reply to: jose_attic

We've been having the same problem for 4 months now. 

Shannon Dunn
Senior Editor - Sprint Creative Media
Message 3 of 3
ShannonDunn
in reply to: jose_attic

The quickest fix is to open a console, sign in as root.  Then type     /etc/init.d/stone+wire reload

This will stop and then restart the background servers and then you can go to to your localhost backburner window and restart the captures.  This usually makes it run for a while.  However, it will continue to stop occasionally, and the process must be repeated.  I can't set my system to cache overnight for this reason.  Can't seem to get support to fix it.  They kept blaming a SAN store server we were using, but we replaced it with a stone, and the problem still exists.  Very dissappointed in this system. 

Shannon Dunn
Senior Editor - Sprint Creative Media

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report