Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Borrow license Smoke on Mac 2013 ext.1

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
lederman
669 Views, 3 Replies

Borrow license Smoke on Mac 2013 ext.1

Hello all.  

Finally installed 2013 ext 1 on Mac pro (still have 2012 on another).  I want to do some work from home and installed 2013 ext 1 on my Mac Book Pro.  Bypassed the licensing on the MBP.  I want to "Borrow" the license from the Mac Pro and use it for the weekend on the MBP.  Went into "About Autodesk Smoke" and then into "Product Information", then "Borrow Licese", thinking I could use that license on MBP.  Not good!  It now says I have a borrowed license.

How do I do this?  Could not find any real info in the manual (granted, I could have missed this)

Thanks in advance.

Rob

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Robert.Adam
in reply to: lederman

Hi Rob.

The way the "borrow" feature works is that it turns a network license into a temporary standalone license on the machine you run the borrow feature on.

So if your Mac Pro is on a network license and you want to borrow that as a standalone license on your laptop, you should first configure your laptop to connect to the same license server as the Mac Pro and then use the borrow feature on the laptop.

To do this, you must have selected "network license" when installing Smoke on the laptop.

Then use the License Server Selector app on your laptop to point smoke to the same license server as the Mac Pro.

Lastly, start Smoke on the laptop (make sure Smoke is not running on the Mac Pro), and then use the borrow feature to export the license from the server to the laptop.

Here's a KB article with instructions on how to use the Borrow feature:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21195798&linkID=9242618

Please let me know if this is clear.

If you need our help doing this, I can open up a support case for you.

Regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 3 of 4
lederman
in reply to: Robert.Adam

Seems like it should be a no brainer, but I can not get this to work.  Any further assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Message 4 of 4
Robert.Adam
in reply to: lederman

Hi Rob.

I've opened a case for you and sent you an e-mail.

Regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report