Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

black and white point conversion (headroom)

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
IgorRidanovic
294 Views, 0 Replies

black and white point conversion (headroom)

I am used to working with video black and white points set as 64 and 940 respectivelly. As I am switching over to Flame Premium I am discovering that the image record is always stored as RGB without headroom (someone correct me if this is not true).

64 becomes 0 and 940 becomes 1023. Headroom and toeroom, if existant in the source media are lost.

Now, I see that "with headroom" options in VTR capture and file import as well as in broadcast monitor preferences allow user to map the ranges transparently so that the toeroom and headroom are preserved.

Material captured from tape with levels lower than 0mV and higher than 700mV can be faithfully recorded back this way.

My question is this--using the "headroom" method above how can one work in Flame so all other tools are aware of this mapping? For example, generated white, black or bars will be distorted when "with headroom" option in preferences is enabled.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report