Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BFX has lost it's setup and cannot be edited.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
1022 Views, 11 Replies

BFX has lost it's setup and cannot be edited.

I have discovered this error on two seperate jobs on two different Flame machines (2015ext1 & 2015ext2) which is of great concern. How can Flame lose the setup? Where has it gone? How can I get it back. Do I need to start again? And how can I rely on BFX in the future? This is very frustrating.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
vkshah
in reply to: Anonymous

I get this error constantly when I use the Matchbox node in BFX.
VK
Online Editor & Colorist
Flame Assist on Mac 2017
Message 3 of 12
HalloweenJack2
in reply to: vkshah

happened to me too.

Only once thankfully, but I had to rebuild.

sad to hear it's still there in Ext2.

Message 4 of 12
vkshah
in reply to: HalloweenJack2

I recently unarchived a project and I lost all of my batch setups. None of them contained Matchbox nodes; they had gmasks, color warpers, 2d transform, and sometimes denoise and regrain. Very frustrating.
VK
Online Editor & Colorist
Flame Assist on Mac 2017
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: vkshah

If I were you, I'd save a snapshot of every BFX, out of habit.   I know it kinda defeats the purpose of BFX.... but at least you have a backup. 

Message 6 of 12
Grant.Kay

Hi All,

We are obviously all in agreement that this should not be happening.

I do not know the exact reason why but I urge you to please contact Autodesk Support to see if they can help you as well as log an official support case to nail this down.

Regards
Grant

Grant Kay
Principal Learning Content Developer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Official Autodesk Flame Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/flamehowtos

The Official Autodesk Smoke Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos

Also available as podcasts on iTunes

Follow me on twitter @discreetuk for the latest training updates.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Grant.Kay

Thanks Grant!  We're defiantely in contact with AD on these new issues - trying to nail down on our side what series of events causes things to break.

The biggest issue for me is, as a former Smoke artist, I've been trying to convert all our Flame artists to do more BFX.   Now they're extra suspicious! 

Message 8 of 12
HalloweenJack2

Concerning the idea of snapshots...

I took Batch snapshots and saved them with their bumps in the library and found that every bump iteration of a snapshot all had the same problem and wouldn't open.

It seemed to be most of the snapshots that I'd started that day, but not all. 

But all the bump iterations for a particular snapshot would either work or not.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

Oh man.... ok.  Scratch that. 

Curious - do you ever start a BFX with handles, and then pull them in, and then give up working on handles and just work with the clip at cut length?    Our problems *seem* to stem from when we start messing with BFX handles. 

Message 10 of 12
HalloweenJack2

hmmm... how do you mean start a Batch with handles?

I've trimmed out Batch in the Batch Tab and on timeline, and swapped them over, trimmed them in or out and have found it fairly stable.

Used to have problems with Smoke, it used to hate trimming Batch gap effects and would usually crash.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

Usually my clips will have 10 frame handles.  So I pull up the clip from the timeline, pull out the handles to it's max lenth, and start my BFX in that state.   Later, when the heat is on, I might not work on those 10 frames.  Just go int BFX and it starts at frame 11. 

Gap in Smoke used to get weird that way.  Your right. 

Message 12 of 12
vkshah

Has there been any updates on the BatchFX error?
VK
Online Editor & Colorist
Flame Assist on Mac 2017

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report