Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Fade to Silence BUG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
knhn
606 Views, 3 Replies

Audio Fade to Silence BUG

Hey there,

I don't think that Audio Fades are working correctly on SMAC 2013ext1 on OSX 10.6.7.

Has anyone experienced this?  Create a clip which has :10 Tone followed by :10 Silence.  Select the transition, add a fade, change "To/From Silence" to "Fade to Silence", then adjust the length.  I chose 40 frames.  Play it back.  You will hear the tone fade out, then pop to full volume for 1 frame at the cut point.  ???

Hack solution:  make sure both clips have heads and tails and do a cross fade instead.

PS- Also about selecting the transition, are there other ways to select the transition other than jumping to the Trim tool?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
knhn
in reply to: knhn

Another solution: use an animated Gain and zoom in extremely far to make sure your gain dips to just below the waveform.

Message 3 of 4
BKM
Advisor
in reply to: knhn

Another Solution would be to place the audio on different tracks and then just do a normal fade. 

Flame/Smoke Editor
Check out the Premiumbeat Smoke Blog
http://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/category/smoke-2/
Message 4 of 4
Robert.Adam
in reply to: BKM

Hi.

I was able to reproduce this bug and have logged it in our database.

Thanks so much for reporting this and for taking the time to describe the repro steps.

Regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report