Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive Bug?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mark
546 Views, 4 Replies

Archive Bug?

Smoke 2015.sp1 I create an archive (Archive_001) and archive a library (Call it LIB 08 for example) to it. In LIB 08 is a folder containing sequnces. The folder is called "2014.08.27".

Next day, rename folder to "2014.08.28", and work on the contained sequences. At the end of the day, I will open Archive_001 and drag LIB 08 in and archive. This takes 20 -30 mins, so I assume something is being copied. CLose archive. Re-open archive and now I have two segments that are identical! Todays archive is not there. just a duplicate of the firts day.

This is hapening a lot. I have gotten into the habbit of creating new archives for every day. 

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but this is how I have been doing it since 2013. This seems like a new behavior in 2015.sp1.

Anyone see this too?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dalyj
in reply to: mark

Hi Mark,

This looks like someting we (Autodesk Support) should look further into and investigate.  Someone will be contacting you offline shortly.  Thanks for reporting this!

Best regards,

Jason

Jason Daly
Manager, Designated Support
Message 3 of 5
AlanMaiden
in reply to: dalyj

I have just downloaded Flame Assist 2015 EXT1 SP1 to try to fix an Archiving problem I have been having but I am still getting same issues. I archive a Project or Selection, close the archive then try restoring into a new project. If I try to restore Project Archive it restores but I am unable to open the project I just get a message saying 'Project configuration file does not exist'. If I try and restore a selection it restores but my BFX do not open I just get a message saying 'The Batch FX has lost its setup and can no longer be edited or rendered'

HELP

Message 4 of 5
AlanMaiden
in reply to: dalyj

Hi

A colleague has just had the exact same issue as the original post. He did a job, set up a NEW ARCHIVE, archive a selection into this archive and closed it. Did some amends to the job today and reopened the original archive, added to it and closed the arche. Has just gone back to the archive and his latest archive is not one of the Archive sessions it just has the first session archived twice.

Was there a solution to this as we could have lost a whole days work if we did not still have it in a machine.

Urgent response needed please

Message 5 of 5
dalyj
in reply to: AlanMaiden

This issue was logged as defect SMOK-25717 and is slated to be resolved in an upcoming release.  The workaround for the moment is to not append folders from same library.  Please call your loacal support office if you need further assistance.

Jason Daly
Manager, Designated Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report