Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action corrupts, becomes very sticky to work with

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jamesgrean
294 Views, 2 Replies

Action corrupts, becomes very sticky to work with

Anyone else had this problem? Actions sometimes randomly "corrupt" for lack of a better word, becoming very very sticky to work with. Click on an axis, wait 30s. Try to switch tool to delete, wait 30s. Delete image, wait 30s. Change tool to move and try to pan, can't pan around. Roll back a version of my setup, action is fine.

Problem is, by the time you've noticed it's corrupted, rolling back a version of your setup is not practical.

Mac Pro 8 core 32gb RAM OS10.10, no HWAA, everything else is fine.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
davidjahns
in reply to: jamesgrean

I have had this happen when using multiple sources nodes in one action. No idea why - sometimes it's fine, other times it chokes on the 3rd source front, but a Flame artist told me it was a commonly occuring bug.

If that is what's happening for you - a workaround is, instead of using Source Front and Axis, in the MK, you can add a 2D transform to the Front, and use that instead of the Source Front Axis.

Message 3 of 3
jamesgrean
in reply to: davidjahns

Thanks David, but I have no front/matte source nodes in these actions, just straight up layers. Comping a lot of 3D, preprocessing some of it with blurs and CCs outside the action first, then layering it all up with blend modes inside the action. The action is actually pretty basic in that regard, with no CCs or keys inside action. Just layering. But it seems to get real sticky on some shot, but not others. Or it will be fine for my saved CFX versions for the first few versions, then upon incrementing another version, it will be sticky, but a previous save will not be. Can't figure out what is causing it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report