Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAF timewarps 2015 SP2

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
343 Views, 1 Reply

AAF timewarps 2015 SP2

Back to the varispeed job from hell, half hour eps with around 250 timewarps each, conformed from Avid AAF. Last time I did this (second series now underway), I was on 2012, and constant varispeeds translated correctly, variable timewarps were full of junk keyframes and spurious values.

On 2015 SP2, none of the varispeeds conform exactly correctly, constant timewarps consistently miss their inpoint by a couple of frames, variable timewarps (the vast majority of the speed effects) have keyframes in close to correct places, but the values are incorrect. Attempting to slide the media using pin to hold keyframes in place while moving media doesn't work as I'd expect (slides keyframes as well). I'm back to tabbing across to AVID, noting timecodes and values and manually transplanting them, which is a fools errand.

Resolve conforms the same AAF as an exact match frame to the AVID sequence throughout. Smoke should be able to do this, it's baby stuff. If I can get the correct speeds by manually plugging in values (some shots have 10 speed keyframes, most have 3 or 4), then obviously the AAF importer has issues.

Any input gratefully considered.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

"I'm back to tabbing across to AVID, noting timecodes and values and manually transplanting them, which is a fools errand."

This shouldn't be necessary in the year 2014, with this software.  If Resolve can do it, so should Smoke.

Hello?!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report