Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8 bit to 10 bit sizing weirdness

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ksirul
338 Views, 2 Replies

8 bit to 10 bit sizing weirdness

At this point, I never know what's a Mavericks, Smoke 2015 but, or operator error but here goes, since I have 2 projects that I've started in Smoke and need to finish.  I have my master sequence which, somehow, has switched to 8 bit.  I never work in 8 bit and set this up as 10 bit.  That I'm sure of.  Somewhere down the line as I've been making duplicates of sequences as I work, via the Duplicate sequence command, my sequence changed to 8bit.  So I'm trying to edit this sequence into a 10 bit sequence.  Both sequences are 1080i 59.94.  When I edit the 8 bit into the 10 bit, some of my clips have been scaled down as if a 2D transform was added and shrunk to 75%.  If I cut the sequence into another 8 bit sequence, all is fine.  Bit rate should certainly not effect sizing.  Am I missing something or is this just another Smoke 2015/Mavericks issue?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ksirul
in reply to: ksirul

Also, when I've edited the 8 bit into an 8 bit sequence, the new sequence needs to be re-rendered.  The only thing that changed is that the old sequence was NDF and the new sequence is DF.  Now that I need to re-render, as has been the case, there will be many cases of clips that will show black on part of the clip.  I"ll need to now, go back, disable and re-enable an effect on these clips, or flush these particular renders and re render those clips yet again in order for the clips to show properly.  

Message 3 of 3
BKM
Advisor
in reply to: ksirul

I have never had a clip change bitrate before. 
And editing from 8 to 10 bit or vice versa would not casue a resize and scale down of the video. 

Somethign seems odd, and my first guess would be that you didn;t set up your project or sequence properly and it's grabbing the defualt settings when you create new seq. Just a guess.. 

Screenshots would help.

Flame/Smoke Editor
Check out the Premiumbeat Smoke Blog
http://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/category/smoke-2/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report