Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 Ext 1, anyone managed to download it ?

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
helgetjelta
1523 Views, 17 Replies

2015 Ext 1, anyone managed to download it ?

Hi, if you have gotten an email from Autodesk about it, have you actually managed to find it ? Or even downloaded it?

Why are they sending the email, when it is not in our subscription center, and why are they not saying anything...

Please give us something.....

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

+1

Message 3 of 18
BKM
Advisor
in reply to: jspostmodernco

Look under the Product Enhancements section.
See image...

Flame/Smoke Editor
Check out the Premiumbeat Smoke Blog
http://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/category/smoke-2/
Message 4 of 18
sonstegard
in reply to: BKM

I can't find it either...any ideas?

See attached.

Thanks

Message 5 of 18
helgetjelta
in reply to: sonstegard

Not in mine as well...

This is the place we have been looking the whole time, we know we are suppose to find it here... But still a no show!

Message 6 of 18
jspostmodernco

I think the difference here is I've not signed on the the "Desktop" version, and my current contract is set to expire fairly soon, hence the reason "Desktop" isn't available to me.

Message 7 of 18
sonstegard

I 'm still trying to figure this out.  But, I just learned from Autodesk that if you have a perpetural licence (old way of doing things) there is no Extension 1 upgrade.  Smoke 2015 sp2 is the most current version.  That's why it's not showing up on the subscription download page.

The Ext 1 is for the desktop, pay as you go, new way of doing things version. 🙂

Message 8 of 18
helgetjelta

This is my email:

As an Autodesk® Desktop Subscription customer you can now log into the Subscription Center and download Smoke 2015 Extension 1.

But still nothing in my account... what is going on ? This was on the 22nd and now it is the 27.  Tell us what you are doing.

/helge

Message 9 of 18
sonstegard
in reply to: helgetjelta

I got the same email.  It must have been a mistake.

Message 10 of 18
Robert.Adam
in reply to: sonstegard

Hi everyone.

Extension 1 is only available to Smoke customers with an active Desktop Subscription.

Only those users will see Ext1 in their Subscription Center account.

Unfortunately, the release announcement e-mail was also sent to a number of Smoke Perpetual license customers who are not on Desktop Subscription. These users will not see Ext 1 in their Subscription Center account. The most recent version of Smoke 2015 Perpetual is version 2015 SP2 that was released in August.

We apologize for this error and for any confusion this may have caused you.

Best regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 11 of 18
helgetjelta
in reply to: Robert.Adam

Thanks for clearing the air.

But this finaly makes me pull the plug on Smoke. It has really been a strange ride. Sorry.

So if anyone wants to buy my Smoke lisence, it's for sale.

Message 12 of 18
jaynaked

Hey is there any difference between sp2 and ext 1? I got an email a more than a week ago to get the ext1 and I can't find it anywhere on the internet or smoke web site. ..help?

Message 13 of 18
jspostmodernco
in reply to: jaynaked

See previous comments...

Message 14 of 18
jamesgrean

Here in Australia, I'm seriously considering referring this to Fair Trading. If we bought Perpetual and it's Smoke, and Desktop Smoke is Smoke, thenwhat gives? When I launch my product it says "Smoke". That's all there is to it.

Why do some customers get bug fixes and stability fixes, and those who paid more money, get less service? I think Fair Trading and the ACCC will have a field day with this. Misleading advertising, not disclosing all facts, bait and switch. If you got the email saying Ext1 was for download, then it should be for download. If you bought Smoke, you should get bug fixes when they're released for Smoke.

Message 15 of 18
jaynaked
in reply to: helgetjelta

Hey all, I got an email from Autodesk explaining that the update is only for subscription users not perpetual licsense (like me). Service pack 2 is the latest and greatest.

Message 16 of 18

So will ext1 with Matchbox and Compatibility with Sparks
Will not be available toPerp customers ??
Why did we pay for the subscription fee.
Thanks Autodesk you have done it again.
Message 17 of 18

I spoke with Charles Amyot (product manager) when he was in Sydney earlier this year, and outlined my concerns as to the "deal" that subscribers got. He didn't have any immediate solution, but indicated that the situation was "being looked at" and that he'd have some news for us by the end of the year. It's November...

Message 18 of 18

I wish they would get there business model together so some of us could as well. The uncertainty can be stressfull. Is it time to look at the alternative software solutions?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report