Community
Smoke Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Smoke Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Smoke topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 crashes so often is it still in beta?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
adamt
361 Views, 0 Replies

2015 crashes so often is it still in beta?

After four hours work this evening (and with manual saves every few minutes on top of the regular autosaves), Smoke decided to crash whilst exiting Action.

This caused it loose all the project so far. On restarting, threr was just the original clips imported before i did any work.

I followed Brian Mulligans helpful tips on restoring from the backups, but that didnt help either, and because of the very limiting 3 versions only rule, each time i restart after trying to recover the seq, i lose a life!

Whats really weird is that i had noticed that whilst working on a load of keying an dgmasking in action, the manual saves i did never worked whilst in Action. The autosave seemed to happen, but when i went back through the files, prior to the crash the last recorded set was over an hour earlier - the hard backups are set for 10mins interval.

Just when i start to feel im making a little headway with this programme, it turns and bites me on the backside like a rabid mutt!

adam

Flame 2020.3
Tags (2)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report