Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1024 x 576 or 1050 x 576?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
840 Views, 2 Replies

1024 x 576 or 1050 x 576?

Hey all, 

I was wondering what the general consencous is on what Autodesk users think of Adobe's suggested 1.46 PAL aspect ratio over the much used 1.42 ratio. It seriously affects things for Flame as graphics from After Effects now looks a bit squeezed when brought into Flame.

It also seems to affect work that needs to translate to 1020 x 1080 HD, which is directly proportional to 1024 x 576.

Best

A

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
HalloweenJack2
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi there,

I've used After Effects for years in an SD broadcast enviroment. 

Because of tape and broadcast spec I always use 720x576 anamorphic.

The one thing I have to do is change the import settings on Flame from 'Same as Source' to 720x576, Fill, set to 16:9.

This gives me seemless to-ing and fro-ing. 

For square pixel I stick with 1024x576. I haven't moved between Flame and AE so much with these. If things are changing ratio try crop instead of fill or vice versa.

Message 3 of 3
Grant.Kay
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

This does not affect things for Flame very much at all.

The only issue is that the aspect ratio is not being correctly interpreted hence the "swishiness" look of the image.

All you need to do is in the MediaHub, you is manually set the import resolution and ensure that the the aspect ratio is set to W:H.   When the media is imported, these settings will allow Flame to calculate the correct aspect ratio for the image.  Than things should look fine.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Grant

Grant Kay
Principal Learning Content Developer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Official Autodesk Flame Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/flamehowtos

The Official Autodesk Smoke Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos

Also available as podcasts on iTunes

Follow me on twitter @discreetuk for the latest training updates.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report