Did you mean: 

game developing (maya, unity)! need some advices, please

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
824 Views, 2 Replies

game developing (maya, unity)! need some advices, please

hallo,
the idea is to develope my own game using maya and unity.

i'm trying to study all the stuff i need to get things started but there is a main problem: there are too many tutorials, too many books, too much of anything 😄

the thing is i would like to have a good study plan and stick to it from A to Z.

for the moment i'm playing safe doing 2 tutorials : "introduction to maya" and "introduction to unity"; these guys are pretty tough and gonna take me something like 120 hours.

here comes why i came here and ask for your help guys.

i need someone to point me on the right direction by telling me what to study when the time comes.

i tell you that my project is gonna be a rpg/dungeon style game, so it's gonna involve humam characters as well.

the main question is then...
what's next when i'm done with my introduction to maya tutorial?

thanks for your time.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Bennui
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey !

there are tutorials form Autodesk but only for Stingray and Maya LT and so on.

Btw, I was a Unity developer too, but I switched to Stingray for a better workflow. And now Im here ! Smiley Happy

Autodesk Make Games learning site:

This is a site that we've made for people who are brand new to making games. If you've never made a game before, or never touched complex 3D tools or a game engine, this is a good place to start. We run you through Concept Art and Design phases, 3D content creation, and then using a game engine. We've also made a bunch of assets available to help brand new game makers get started.

www.autodesk.com/MakeGames

Forum Support Tutorial Channel on YouTube:

This is a series of videos that answers recurring forums questions by the Autodesk Support Team. They'll be updating the playlist with new videos over time. They're pretty responsive to community requests on the videos, so feel free to log in and comment if there's something specific you'd like to see.

Check out the playlist on YouTube.

Good luck !

Benjamin Kraft
Game Developer || Programmer
Camoflaque, GmbH.
Message 3 of 3
walker.troy
in reply to: Bennui

I'm considering switching engines now and was curious how your experience has been so far Bennui?

I'm very use to working in Unity with Visual Studio and the flexibility of developing my own portable class libraries in C#...  so I fear there is a large curve for switching to flow/luaJIT/C++, how has this been for you?

I'm trained in Maya, so not a big deal for me working there 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report