Did you mean: 

Experience with Skyrim - Building a new Monster

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Chris87
1440 Views, 4 Replies

Experience with Skyrim - Building a new Monster

Hi,

I'm a student and have free access to 3dsMax and Motion Builder.
I want to create a monster for Skyrim from scetch and export it into TES_V Skyrim.

Therefore I wanted to ask whether it's possible to simply use 3dsMax and MotionBuilder to
build a whole animated model for Skyrim.

Since the creationkit permits simple mod creation process I also would like to use it in combination with 3ds max.

If someone's got advice or reference material please show me!

regards
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Chris87

You may be better off asking on the Bethesda forums (forums.bethsoft.com) - there's a whole forum dedicated to the Creation Kit and modding. There's no native .nif exporter for Max so you have to use 3rd party tools to get anything from Max into the Creation Kit. Whether new animated characters are possible or not I don't know.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 5
Chris87

Thanks to Steve for the hint! For those of you who are interested in the subject too i got this link to the modders community wiki:

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Main_Page

You're even supposed to be able to import the rigging data from skyrim into 3dsMax and editing it.

If someone's got other good scources or tutorials (maybe PDF-Tutorials with pictures and all that stuff) please pm me.

Regards
Message 4 of 5
Avotas

*.nif is created and owned by GameBryo, while there are free readers and writers out there, they have known issues with things like, LOD, skeletons and skin binding. I believe the Max support is better then the Maya support, but do a lot of small form tests before investing huge number of hours into something.

Avotas
Message 5 of 5
Chris87

Hi guys, since my last post there was not much inspiration in the air and my model is still in raw build up process and lacks detail. Furthermore there are exams to handle and I'm pretty sure I'll be pretty busy then. So maybe in a couple of month I'll be back hopefully with some good news and results 😉
In the meantime maybe you'll already have some great work to show us and some new advice.

Stu

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report