Community
Game Making Forum
Your discussion topics are welcome!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clan Based PvP and PvE Hack n' Slash Instant Action Balanced MMORPG Looking for More Team Members

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1535 Views, 1 Reply

Clan Based PvP and PvE Hack n' Slash Instant Action Balanced MMORPG Looking for More Team Members

Basic Kingdom is a free to play MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role playing game).

ENGINE and TOOL: UNITY 3D

WE DON’T OFFER PAYMENT
If you agree to work it would be for free.

We would prefer:
+1-2 programmers
+1-3 animators
+1 or more 2D SFX
+1 or more 3D SFX
+1-3 modelers
+1-2 texture artists
+1 2D GUI artist
+1 or more audio producers

Additional contribution of anything else is welcomed as well, and will earn you a spot in the credits.

Basic Kingdom is a free to play mmorpg, quite different then the rest. The features include:
-instant action combat
-hack n’ slash player skill wins battles
-clan vs clan pvp
-build and destroy settlements, towns etc.
-simple graphics allowing long range of sight and many object on screen
-simple gameplay mechanics hopefully allowing bug-free, easy to learn, and basic gameplay
-totally customizable characters (no class select)
-First release with 6 playable races, races are balanced
-world made of various themed environments (forests, deserts, etc.)
-no instances, dungeons are part of the world
-wrapped map, flying off in one direction will eventually lead you bad to where you started
-summon creatures
-bring pets
-leveling up makes very little difference, skill based combat (fights are won with player skill, not numbers)
-block, dodge, deflect, etc. win with fast reaction time, timing, strategy, good aim, reflexes, etc. (competitive gamer’s paradise :p)
-balanced among everyone, players earn levels, items and spells to further customize, not to become stronger (player skill over character progression)
-build your clan buildings ANYWHERE
-roaming boss monsters roam the whole world, attacking anything, cities, players, npc’s, player made buildings, npc cities, even other boss monsters

There’s probably more major features i forgot to include. But the gameplay is very similar to an old console hack-n’-slash game. It’s a rather unique idea. Also, we intend to have basic gameplay and graphics to allow ease, speed, and better game performance. The game is being programmed in JavaScript.

Currently we have over 10 team members. At least 1 for all the main roles. (Programmer, modeler, animator, texture, etc.) Even if your not fully experienced, you can contribute anything you make (we have a requests list on our development site) and there's always a chance we'll use it. The game is rather basic, but also refreshing, so our standards for things like graphics, audio, etc. aren't very high, as we primarily focus on actual gameplay, not pretty effects.

If your interested in helping or contributing, but don’t want to be committed, you can simply be on our off-team as an additional contributor. You can contribute anything you have to offer, when ever you want to. If you’d like, we will occasionally make requests. If we decide to use anything you offer, we will add your name to the credits list.

Thanks for considering :).

BasicKingdom.webs.com
BasicKingdomDevelopment.webs.com

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
MikeMcKeon77
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello!

I've been looking to join an Indie Dev Team for a while, i tried my hand at my own team, in 2k3/2k4, using UT 2k3/2k4 for a total conversion Mod that was cancelled at 85% due to Army deployment... Tried Ubisoft, and New World Interactive with no success, but that was years ago.

I have 17 years experience in 3ds max, Photoshop, FL Studio, and intermediate knowledge of Mudbox. I read that the primary concern is solid quality assets and not just "pretty models,", however i try to do both.

I have examples of previous work:

Dunia Engine (Models provided via Asset Manager,) Map Layout, terrain sculpting and texture painting, and object placement all done myself:

~8,000 polygon AK47 created in 2004:

Sci-Fi Keypad Locked Door (Diffuse, Specular, Normals):

Clay-Render of Sci-Fi Door:

Clay-Render of Normals-Model and Game-Model Comparison:

Rough-Approximation of a SCAR-H Stock for in-game model, using Production-Quality Hi-Res Weapons as Reference and Normals Baking:

Base-Model of a SWAT Team Member

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report