Community
Fusion Team, Data, & Project Management
Need help managing your Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Team Hub? Have questions about adding or removing team members, or permissions? Get help from the collaboration experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload files not loading, not showing

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
nlukeking
1924 Views, 17 Replies

Upload files not loading, not showing

I upload files and they don't show and I can't open them. 

I've tried a dxf file and a scad file, neither work. The scad file doesn't even provide a link to open when I right click on it. 

Is this a known issue? Anything that I can do?

Thanks for any help.

Nathan

Tags (3)
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for posting your question to the forums.  When you first upload a file to Fusion Team or any A360 account, the files go through what we call translation. That is what the files need to do before they can be viewed in your browser.  How long did you wait after uploading the files to try and view them?  Also if you click on one of these files, do they work now? If not, do you get an error and can you share with us what the details are under the error? 

Thanks again for posting your question and please let us know more details.   

Have a great day.  

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 3 of 18

Hi Bud,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I've left it over 24 hours now, it is still the same. There are no error messages. 
The dxf file opens, but contains nothing. The scad file doesn't even have the link to open. Neither show a preview of the design.

I've included a screenshot jpg.

What can you suggest?

Thanks.

Message 4 of 18
asiteur
in reply to: nlukeking

Hi,

For Fusion 360 related problems you should actually post in that forum, you're on the Fusion Team forum here (I know it's confusing).

Did you perform the upload in Team or directly in 360?

I know that in Team there are quite some issues when viewing uploads, especially complex assemblies.

Have you tried to upload again? And maybe on the other platform?

Alexander Siteur
Project Engineer at MARIN | NL
LinkedIn

Message 5 of 18

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for the screenshot and did you upload this from Fusion 360? Can you create a SCREENCAST for us that shows what you are seeing and how you are uploading the files?    

Please make the SCREENCAST Public so that we can view it and share it with the team if needed.

Autodesk SCREENCAST:

Thanks in advance for doing this and hope this helps. 

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 6 of 18
nlukeking
in reply to: asiteur

Hi Asiteur,

Thank you for your response.

I've tried uploading both types of files again and the same result, in 360.

The link to the scad file in your system is: https://myhub.autodesk360.com/ue284c9d5/g/projects/2016102748503876/data//DTcd89eQTae9056e8600d1d35c...

So, you can see the file and issue, it doesn't show in the hub as well. 

I don't know what you mean by uploading in Team. ?

Thanks again.

Nathan

Message 7 of 18

Bud,

Sorry, but that is a waste of time. I've told you how I've uploaded, even given you an image of them failing in your software.
Please read my response to Asiteur.

Thanks

Message 8 of 18

Hi Nathan,

Sorry you feel that way, but it's not clear if this is a 360 issue or Fusion issue.   I asked for the SCREENCAST because you keep saying in 360, but your screenshot is of Fusion 360. The SCREENCAST will just help make it clear if you need help from the A360 Team, or the Fusion 360 Team. 

Thanks for understanding we need just a little bit more detail here.   

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 9 of 18

Hi Bud,

I still don't understand your confusion. Unless you have another product with 360 in the name? And it experiencing upload issues.

Nevertheless, here is the requested screencast.

Please advise the next steps.

Thanks.

Nathan

Message 10 of 18
nlukeking

I included the link to the screencast, but it's not showing via the normal method, another fault...

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/2e9a9170-9b78-431b-aab6-867209c39a1d

Message 11 of 18

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for sharing the screencast, and you are going through Fusion 360 to get to A360, and that could be the issue, but it's hard to tell.

Can you try using file manager and uploading to A360 in the browser, not Fusion 360. Also try clearing the browser cache and cookies before trying the upload and see if that allows the upload to complete.

Thanks for the screencast and let us know how it goes.
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 12 of 18

Hi Nathan,

I just tried to upload an DXF and it worked fine, I tried the 2000 and the 2013 file convention and they both work. , so it probably has to do with your file. Meaning that it probably has some 'special' feauture that is badly handled.

Now what you could try is hitting the small 'i' and then 'view in webbrowser' to see your file in A360/Fusion Team (online). And try to upload from here.

If you keep having issues, and if you have the chance you could consider opening the file in AutoCad or Inventor and resave maybe with different settings.

Do you have issues for 1 particular DXF or for all DXF's?

Regarding the SCAD-file I noticed that A360 does not support these files...

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/a360/getting-started/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/ENU/Autodesk-36...

Although this information might be outdated.

Alexander Siteur
Project Engineer at MARIN | NL
LinkedIn

Message 13 of 18
nlukeking
in reply to: asiteur

Thank you for both of your comments.

I've uploaded the DXF file in MyHub and it seems to work ok. I can view it in 3D and 2D. 
When I go back to Fusion 360 software on my laptop it shows the preview of the file in the Data Panel. However, I can do nothing with the file. It gives me an option, when I right click, to Create Fusion Design. I assume that is to convert it in to a Fusion 360 compatible format. However, when I click this it creates a new file with nothing in it. So, it seems that there is another facet that doesn't work as well. 

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Nathan

Message 14 of 18

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for the update. Can you tell us if this is when trying to open the file in Fusion 360? Or is this from inside of the A360 HUB? Can you share a screen shot of what you are seeing? If it's specific to Fusion 360, we may want to have you post this in the Fusion 360 forum.

Thanks in advance for getting us more details.
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 15 of 18

Bud,

For the 50th time, it is opening it in Fusion 360. You don't need ANOTHER screenshot. Stop asking the same questions and "ticking off an action" in your system.

How about you be a bit more useful and transfer this whole thread so I don't have to put it a different place, when it's very unclear in the first place.

Great help, thanks.

Message 16 of 18

Nathan,  

I understand you are frustrated here, but we are just trying to understand your problem and help you out.  I did some testing in Fusion 360 today and you should see the image for the thumbnail in Fusion.  I was able to bring in a DXF file from AutoCAD but it did take a few tries.  You mention that the DXF files opens fine in A360, but not in Fusion and when you try to bring it in, its blank.  Can you tell us what the DXF was created in and can you share it with us to try on our end?    If you create a public share with download enabled in A360, you can private message me here, or eMAIL direct using my first name . last name @ autodesk.com  Just swap out first.last with my first and last name.   

Sorry about the confusion on the screenshot, I see that you had that in the very first message, and thanks in advance for sharing a file with us to take a look at on our side.   

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 17 of 18

Hi Nathan,

I have been working with my counterpart on the Fusion 360 side and we need the DXF file to sort out what is going on. We also need to know what it was created in, it's possible it's not compatible.

Feel free to share the file directly with me and we can go from there.

Thanks
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 18 of 18
Anonymous

This will be my last screenshot before deleting Autodesk Screencast. This is my favor for you. If a picture does not tell 1000 words, I could not delete ACSC because it was "still running' even though I shut it down. I had to kill the process. I'm moving on...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report