Community
Fusion Team, Data, & Project Management
Need help managing your Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Team Hub? Have questions about adding or removing team members, or permissions? Get help from the collaboration experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to change team members status

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
rickhilder
1554 Views, 9 Replies

unable to change team members status

We have a team member whose status is contributor (previous user status of A30). How do we change his status to editor?

1. He is not visible as a member.

2. As administrator I'm unable to find where and how to change / delete him.

3. if i try to invite it tells me he is a contributor and he is unable to be added to the project.

How can we fix this?

Thanks. Rick Hilder

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
BrettWright
in reply to: rickhilder

Hi Rick,

Do you not see this member at all in the Admin Member list? If that is the case, it might be that they were invited prior, and then the invite was prematurely withdrawn before they could accept that invite.

If you are able to see them in the member list within the Admin page, then you might need to invite them into the project and then you'll be able to modify their Editor/Viewer role at the project level. (see below)

Let me know if you have further questions.

Jupiter Feedback - Change Roles.png

change role at project.png

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 3 of 10
rickhilder
in reply to: BrettWright

Brent,

Thanks, finally found where to change settings.
Thanks.

Best regards,
Rick Hilder
Senior Mechanical / Structural Designer

[email_splash]
Mobile 0439 89 8843
Phone +617 3372 3110
Skype rick.hilder
www.designproduction.com.au
P Please consider the environment, before printing this email
Message 4 of 10
BrettWright
in reply to: rickhilder

ok thanks for getting back to me Rick, glad all is ok 🙂

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 5 of 10

Hi Brent,

I am having some related issue here.

I am not able to see that "admin" link you marked as (2) on your 1st image. While I am definitely the admin of the project.

One thing that I find confusing is that I am on a "Fusion" page, not an A360 one. But every link I find to the get to manage the team in A360 just brings me back to the Fusion page.

Really cannot understand what is going on..

Capture01.JPG

Message 6 of 10

Hi Daniele,

Based on your picture that you sent what it looks like is that you're likely using a free personal hub vs. either a full blown trial or a paid subscription of Fusion Team here. In the Trials and the paid subscriptions you'll see the Admin button.

If the free version, there is no Admin functionality, just one team member (you) and all others would be added as Project Contributors.

Let me know if this doesn't answer your question.

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 7 of 10

That is what I am not sure either.

I am on my company's licence, and I am not the account manager of my subscription. What I know is that I have Fusion360 as part of the Product Design Suite Premium package. Is it supposed to be the free version included?

Message 8 of 10

Hi Daniele,

What i'm wondering is if you're company has another hub vs. the free one that you're logged into currently.

Do you have the ability to switch hubs from within Fusion to another one that you might have access to that is the paid version or a trial possible that would give you the admin functionality?? (See steps below)

fusion swap hubs.png

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 9 of 10

Hi Brett,

No, I don't have that menu there. Just the one with my name on its right.

I will double check with my company in any case.

Message 10 of 10

Daniele,

Here is what i think is happening.

1. You've purchased Fusion and it comes with a "myhub" team hub. The "myhubs" are a team hub that don't include Admin ability, but still allow you to create projects and invite contributors into those projects, however, you're essentially the only "ADMIN" (person that can invite others) of your "myhub", (the url is actually myhub.autodesk360.com if you just log in to it outside of Fusion from your web browser)

2. If you have others in your company that have Fusion 360 also, they too would have these similar "myhubs", same as you.

3. So, if you all have separate myhubs, you can still invite each other to your individual projects within your hubs, and when you do, you'll see those other projects show up in your own myhub for the ones you've specifically been invited into.

4. If your company wants/needs to have one central hub, where the ADMIN functionality is included, that would have to be purchased separately, and then you'd see that new Fusion Team hub as an option in the dropdown list when you go to try and switch hubs. 

let me know if have further questions.

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report