cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workspace Views - Change Default & Make Views Public / Shared

Workspace Views - Change Default & Make Views Public / Shared

@Anonymous 

Good morning, 
I work within a design company in the UK, within medical device sector. 

We have recently introduced Fusion Lifecycle (<3m) as a replacement to an existing eQMS, to support with wider QMS implementation. 

One of the challenges we face with adapting to the new system is that as administrators, we cannot default a view for our users. Additionally, when creating new views, we am unable to share these / make public. Whilst we have produced training content and working with teams to support, it is an inefficient approach as the company scales. 

Is it possible for the functionality within reporting to be brought across to views, e.g. a report can be private / public / shared with selected users? 

With concurrent design projects, it would be a great feature if we could release pre-built views to all members of a project team to support collaboration.

Many thanks

Michael 

6 Comments
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Hi @michael.edwardsTQDUE ,

Thanks for your idea. We have been investigating this improvement, and more votes on it would be helpful. For your reference, this is a very similar post asking for the same functionality: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-lifecycle-ideas/define-default-views-for-a-workspace/idi-p/942...

Thanks,

Giliar Perez
Product Owner - Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk Canada Co.

Hi @giliar.defriesperez 

Thank you for your quick response, 

I am sorry - I ran a search for existing posts but did not come across the existing one listed. 

I will raise this internally & aim to increase the number of votes to support.

Many thanks

Michael 

Kirstie.Kay
Explorer

Having pre-built views by the Administrators would save us time and provide consistency.

philipfrench
Collaborator

Perhaps an administrator could see an extra option next to a view, saying 'share view'.

Then normal users would see this added to the bottom of their own view list.

(like the way that Shared Reports are defined).

sven.dickmans
Autodesk

One can copy views across users by using the V3 API. See this ready-to-use example provided by Lee Worton here: Share your Workspace Views in a Fusion 360 Manage tenant 

This solution enables to copy multiple workspace views to multiple users and user groups. One can also run this command repeatedly and enforce an update of the views in case they got changed by the user.

loic_guilloux_GE
Enthusiast

Thanks Sven for sharing this utility ! It seems manageable by a Tenant Administrator...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report