cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scripting access from Fusion Lifecycle to Fusion Team

Scripting access from Fusion Lifecycle to Fusion Team

Currently in Fusion Lifecycle, scripting access in the attachments tabs is limited to many read only features.  With the recent introduction to Fusion Team (cloud PDM), it opens many good options.

I would like to see scripting features which allow me from Fusion Lifecycle to access Fusion Team.  For example, create a folder in Fusion Team, rename files, or automatically find and attach files.

Here's a simple case scenario.  In Fusion Lifecycle I have a design process work flow.  When my design is approved, I want to upload the assembly and solid models so manufacturing can view.  During the workflow transition it would be nice if I could program a consistent folder structure in my Fusion Team rather than have people manually creating the folders and naming it incorrectly or placing folder in the wrong area.

Another scenario is I have a product catalog with product drawings.  If I have 100 product records in Fusion Lifecycle, I also have 100 drawings, 1 for each product record.  With Fusion Team I can now place and manage all 100 drawings in a folder.  The only issue is I have to go into each record, and still manually choose the correct drawing.  (i.e D10 record needs D10.pdf).  Or if I have to remove all 100 drawings and replace them with new drawings, again I will need to update each record.  It would be nice if I could program to automatically find and attach the correct drawing.  If recordname = D10, find D10.pdf file id and attach.

If this could be done, it would be an even bigger game changer for our business.

7 Comments
scott.lambert
Community Visitor

Solid Idea!  I hope this one goes through!

gasevsm
Alumni
Scripting read-only access for fusion team files attached to fusion lifecycle items is planned to be available in the coming release. Happy using ))
jwu1001
Explorer

This is good to hear Martin.  Talk to you soon.

davechandrapal
Community Visitor

Great idea, Jason.

Pharmacy.toolroom
Community Visitor

Certainly it would make managing Lifecycle much easier 

benderk
Autodesk
Thank you for submitting your idea. Have you tried the Modern Interface lately? We request that you review your idea in the context of the Modern interface. If your idea is not addressed, we invite you to create a new Idea in the context of Modern so that it can be addressed accordingly. Sincerely, Keri Bender | Global GTM Business Strategy Manager, Product Lifecycle Management
benderk
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report