cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Demand Scripts

On Demand Scripts

It would be nice if running on demand scripts in a workspace was available in role permissions much like workflow transitions. 

Additionally, if there is only one OnDemand script, the user only sees the scroll icon. It would be awesome if OnDemand scripts were presented more like buttons for a user to perform an extra action. It's pretty close right now, but I think there could be improvements. The "are you sure?" screen looks more like an error message than a notification of the action you're going to perform. I don't know how back end development of Fusion Lifecycle works, but an easy accomplishment might be force a click on the scroll icon to always open up a menu of all available on demand scripts, even if only one script is available, and then we would expect the administrator to give the script a helpful, descriptive name. Another idea is to add a "display description" or "display name" to each ondemand script that is set in the workspace manager when it is selected for the workspace.

9 Comments
dany.poudrier
Alumni

Hi,

Is your first idea suggesting that certain On Demand Scripts be available only for certain users that would have a specific permission?  For example a "Update Quantity from ERP" action could be available only for people with custom special permission "allow Qty Fetch"?

Thanks for the excellent idea of adding description to the OnDemand script menu. We have accepted a similar idea and it is being worked in the Modern version. No ETA yet, but we will keep you informed. We are also taking your feedback to improve the User Experience of that feature.

In the mean time you can join our Beta program to see the new Modern look and feel. 

hcoulter
Enthusiast

I think we're on the same page with my first idea. When a workflow transition permission is added/removed in a workspace, each workflow permission appears in the roles for that workspace. It would be nice for each On Demand Script set as a behavior in the workspace to appear in the roles.

fred_smith
Autodesk

I agree with the idea of requiring certain role permissions to execute certain scripts. Scripts are often used for data administration activities, and not every data consumer should be able to execute them.

Also, the UI could be cleaned up (e.g., show the description, rather than the script name).

dany.poudrier
Alumni

Hi Fred,

Thanks for the idea to show the description. FYI, this idea was proposed and accepted (from this very Idea Station). I can't give an ETA on it at the moment, but I can tell you that it will be implemented.

hcoulter
Enthusiast

The UI has been cleaned up a bit since script titles can now have spaces, the titles look better upon display.

Role permissions for on demand scripts would still be good.

joseph.oliva
Contributor

I agree with the need for role permission to control who can run on demand scripts. It is an absolute MUST have. Hoping that users who shouldn't access them don't figure out that they are there is not the ideal way to administer a system.

hcoulter
Enthusiast

You can add an if statement to your on demand scripts to check if the user running the script is in a specific security group and only perform those actions if the user is in that group. That's the best workaround until permissions to hide the on demand scripts altogether is available.

benderk
Autodesk
Thank you for submitting your idea. Have you tried the Modern Interface lately? We request that you review your idea in the context of the Modern interface. If your idea is not addressed, we invite you to create a new Idea in the context of Modern so that it can be addressed accordingly. Sincerely, Keri Bender | Global GTM Business Strategy Manager, Product Lifecycle Management
benderk
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report