Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you have the same WS display in 2 different languages?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
wendy.salas
254 Views, 1 Reply

Can you have the same WS display in 2 different languages?

Hello,

We work with Suppliers in China, and it would be ideal if we could create 1 single WS to track 8Ds instead of having 2 Workspaces (1 for each language).

Could you please let me know if this is possible, and if so, how can we enforce this? (e.g. IP, choosing language?)

Thanks!

Wendy SV

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I know that the help indicates Fusion Lifecycle supports 6 languages (Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese).  This only applies to the static content in the menu.  Anything dynamically defined (like attributes on the details page or tab names) can only be defined once, and is the same for all users.  Similar for content... you can put whatever language you choose in the attributes values, but you can choose only one.

You can hide different sections of the Item Details page (using the "Show/Hide Advanced Permission Options" while editing the section).  This will create different attributes for the different languages and only display the language that the user has permission to see.

Remember that your descriptor attribtues should only be defined once - so you might want to show both languges in the description of those.

I realize this isn't a solution - just a workaround.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report