Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding new Fields via REST API

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Patrick.Gruber
335 Views, 1 Reply

Adding new Fields via REST API

Hi,

I need to add new properties / fields to a workspace via the REST API. 

I know I can get some information about the properties via following URL:

https://{{tenant}}.autodeskplm360.net/api/rest/v1/workspaces/{{workspaceId}}/metafields

I have tried to make a POST there without any success, also in the documentation I do not find anything about this.

It is possible to create new fields via the API?

If not, what possibilities do I have to reduce my effort when creating a workspace with new fields? I have the information somewhere else and I want to write some code which reads that information and automatically creates the fields in the appropriate workspace.

Maybe it is possible to manage this by using the scripting on FusionLifeCycle?

Another question about the information I get for the "metafields" with the requested URI mentioned above:

How do I know if a field is required or not? I can find really less documentation about this stuff, I get in the web client more information than I get from a response via the API. Here is an example response:

{
  "list": {
    "meta": [
      {
        "sortDescending": false,
        "fieldID": "NUMBER",
        "fieldName": "Number",
        "fieldType": 9,
        "htmlDisplay": 7,
        "editable": "N",
        "displayOrder": 1,
        "matrix": false,
        "newLine": false,
        "matrixEnd": false,
        "sectionID": 160,
        "sectionURI": "https://<tenant>.autodeskplm360.net/api/rest/v1/workspaces/56/sections/160"
      },
      {
        "sortDescending": false,
        "fieldID": "TITLE",
        "fieldName": "Title",
        "fieldType": 4,
        "fieldLength": 12,
        "htmlDisplay": 1,
        "displayLength": 12,
        "editable": "Y",
        "displayOrder": 2,
        "matrix": false,
        "newLine": false,
        "matrixEnd": false,
        "sectionID": 160,
        "sectionURI": "https://<tenant>.autodeskplm360.net/api/rest/v1/workspaces/56/sections/160"
      }
    ]
  }
}
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos!
😉
The author,
Patrick

coolOrange
www.coolOrange.com
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
gasevsm
in reply to: Patrick.Gruber

Hi Patrick, metadata api is not available presently to programatically administer a site. Scripting functionality runs user-facing actions, and not admin-facing, too. It is something we have been discussing to introduce in the future. We will revisit this topic in a couple of quarters and take it in consideration with our planning activities. Meantime, site administration will remain manual and UI driven. Thanks for understanding,

Martin Gasevski | Fusion 360 Team Product Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report